Relaxation ... take my advice, and share your own!

...let us know what you think, free speech!
ayu
Staff
Staff

Relaxation ... take my advice, and share your own!

Post by ayu »

So, we are all f*cking geniuses here, there's no arguing about that.
And being so f*cking smart, in between curing all the cancer and saving starving children, we are prone to a number of issues.

You see, "enlightened open minded and well informed people" are very prone to depression, anxiety, stress and all sorts of bullshit.
This is extra problematic for me who lives in the north.

No freaking sunlight at this time of the year ... absolutely no D-vitamin.
I'm white, so I can convert the little sunlight there is to vitamins (That wasn't a racist joke, that's actually a fact).

A friend recently introduced me to something interesting that I tried a few hours ago.
I say a few hours ago because I actually fell asleep, which is VERY unusual for me to do at random.

http://rainymood.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That site, my comfy headphones, and I slept like a baby for quite a while.
It was VERY relaxing! :)

Recommend it.
Are there other suggestions on how to relax?
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Re: Relaxation ... take my advice, and share your own!

Post by Gogeta70 »

I'm in California, Cannabis is king :lol: I haven't smoked in well over a year though.

Unfortunately, relaxing has pretty much become a distant dream for me right now. Having a 7-month-old baby means sleep is a commodity for my wife and I. We're happy when we can sit for two hours and watch a movie :mrgreen:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

z3r0aCc3Ss
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by z3r0aCc3Ss »

@cats, there are different definitions of relaxation for different people. But the most common ones are a power nap, sleep, sitting in a serene secluded place, or even listening to music.
For me, it's very difficult to relax. Since my childhood, when I was just 5-6 years old, I used to wake up early, around 5, and sleep by 11 or 12 in the night. That habit is still stuck with me. I hardly sleep. There was a time, when I used to sleep for just 4 hours. At that time, I was a hardcore gamer. :lol:
I tried so many techniques, but none worked. Maybe because, I didn't want to relax at all.
But now, since past 1 year, I've tried and learned how to relax. Just go to some distant place with no one around, look at the sea or mountains or jungle, close your eyes, and go into the reverie. For me, that's the ultimate relaxation I've realised this year. I don't think I've ever relaxed in past 25 years. In my college days, gaming was my relaxation, but that was temporary.
Beta tester for major RATs, all kinds of stealers and keyloggers.
Learning NMAP

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

I listened to this song a few days ago, I had forgotten about Stick Figure 8)
Reggae music can be very relaxing:

[youtube][/youtube]
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

ph0bYx
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by ph0bYx »

I find melatonin helpful for sleeping :D

z3r0aCc3Ss

Post by z3r0aCc3Ss »

ph0bYx wrote:I find melatonin helpful for sleeping :D
:D
Even I've tried it. It really helps. But eventually, it gets boring.
Beta tester for major RATs, all kinds of stealers and keyloggers.
Learning NMAP

ph0bYx
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by ph0bYx »

Try chloroform for more excitement :p

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

ph0bYx wrote:Try chloroform for more excitement :p
Isn't that less excitement? I would be more excited to try and sleep with like Red Bull or something.

ph0bYx
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by ph0bYx »

Red Bull + chloroform? :D

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

ph0bYx wrote:Red Bull + chloroform? :D
I think we're on to something here

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

I listen to music mostly when working or at the computer in general, but when I want to really relax I can't have it around me......I need the sound of nature then, like the birds in forest, or the sounds of a flowing river. the most relaxing noise though is the one of rain in a forest (as long as it's a quick summer rain shower)....it's nature's white noise.

:)

P.S. when you guys do red bull & cholorform make sure you take the red bull first, else it can get complicated. :lol:

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

bad_brain wrote: P.S. when you guys do red bull & cholorform make sure you take the red bull first, else it can get complicated. :lol:
We like a challenge :lol:

Thesk
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by Thesk »

iv'e got this terrible brain thing that make my senses and thoughts go wild when i lay down and try to relax. things that i worry about things that i'm tired of, things that i'm sad about, that is in my brain when i try to sleep besides that my senses go wild, like hearing all the noises that are around me, and the feelings that are associated with those thoughts i mentioned.
to cook it down it's like, broadway + wallstreet combined with new york stock exchange in downtown Manhattan in new york, up in my brain when i lay down to sleep.
so iv'e been diagnosed with stress and depression, for that they (my psychiatrist and my medical doctor/physician) have given me prescription meds i take 3x 25mg Quetiapin (seroquel) to calm down before i sleep. it is so effective that after an hour after taking it i get dizziness, Lightheadedness, can't stand up without falling (like i've drunk 5 strong 9% beers right after each other). and then i get really tired like i can't have my eyes open any longer, that's when i fall asleep for like 10-12 hours straight. It's not a sleeping drug, it's drug a that is prescribed to make you calm down.
let point out i can't sleep with out that medication.

so i can definitely recommend this type of medication, maybe not 3x25mg (which pretty strong) 1x25mg can be enough (which is a normal doze).
The music industry is a matrix that is counter to what is natural and right.

- Prince -

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

Thesk wrote:iv'e got this terrible brain thing that make my senses and thoughts go wild when i lay down and try to relax. things that i worry about things that i'm tired of, things that i'm sad about, that is in my brain when i try to sleep besides that my senses go wild, like hearing all the noises that are around me, and the feelings that are associated with those thoughts i mentioned.
to cook it down it's like, broadway + wallstreet combined with new york stock exchange in downtown Manhattan in new york, up in my brain when i lay down to sleep.
so iv'e been diagnosed with stress and depression, for that they (my psychiatrist and my medical doctor/physician) have given me prescription meds i take 3x 25mg Quetiapin (seroquel) to calm down before i sleep. it is so effective that after an hour after taking it i get dizziness, Lightheadedness, can't stand up without falling (like i've drunk 5 strong 9% beers right after each other). and then i get really tired like i can't have my eyes open any longer, that's when i fall asleep for like 10-12 hours straight. It's not a sleeping drug, it's drug a that is prescribed to make you calm down.
let point out i can't sleep with out that medication.

so i can definitely recommend this type of medication, maybe not 3x25mg (which pretty strong) 1x25mg can be enough (which is a normal doze).
Since I opened this topic my sleeping has degraded significantly unfortunately, so I also need medication to sleep now.
I take two different ones (which names I can't remember and can't be arsed to get them from the bedroom right now).
One is for making me feel relaxed and one knocks me out almost instantly.

But in the end it all seems to come down to lifestyle choices in my case.
My issues started when I switched jobs and had to drive very far every day.
Starting tomorrow, I will have a new job again, which I can get to by bike.

I save several hours a day now and can put more time into other things that I enjoy.
I still sleep very unstable, but a lot better than before (Haven't used the medication for a few days now).

So hopefully I can go back to simply listening to rainymood.com soon, and skip the pills altogether :D

JohnB

Post by JohnB »

This is a little crude, but it does work:

[youtube][/youtube]

And this relaxation exercise gets me sleepy too.

As always, exercise is great for a good night's sleep.
Sprich mit mir!