Cyber monday 2020 deals

...let us know what you think, free speech!
ph0bYx
Staff Member
Staff Member

Cyber monday 2020 deals

Post by ph0bYx »

Hey guys! Did anyone find anything interesting for cyber monday 2020?

LinuxAcademy gives out a $80 discount on their yearly subscription which I'm thinking on getting :-k

Here is a curated list of stuff that you might be interested in:
https://github.com/instadoodledavid/Inf ... /README.md

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Re: Cyber monday 2020 deals

Post by bad_brain »

that's a nice list, thanks... =D>
I made use of the namecheap.com offer already in the last days, SSL cert for just $2.88/year instead of $8.88....so I bought a bunch to have in stock... :D
udemy seems to be missing in the list, they have some nice offers too at the moment: https://www.udemy.com/

ph0bYx
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by ph0bYx »

Udemy has those kind of promotions almost every week :D (I did get the Rust programming language and CCNA courses today though)

Why not use the free Let's Encrypt certificates?

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

oh, didn't knew that, I signed up to udemy a while ago, picked one course, watched 5 minutes, never returned... :lol: :oops:
I'm not made for that kind of learning I think.

about Let's Encrypt certs: it is planned to implement it on all my servers for all hosted sites. the option in the hosting backend is already there, but I wasn't able to make it work properly yet, always got certificate errors. but ok, I did not had much time yet to fiddle around with it, it'll be one of those spontaneous tasks I guess. once it's working it'll save me quite some time and also will increase my profit. :D

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

bad_brain wrote:
30 Nov 2020, 16:10
about Let's Encrypt certs: it is planned to implement it on all my servers for all hosted sites. the option in the hosting backend is already there, but I wasn't able to make it work properly yet, always got certificate errors. but ok, I did not had much time yet to fiddle around with it, it'll be one of those spontaneous tasks I guess. once it's working it'll save me quite some time and also will increase my profit. :D
Bought a TV for new flat but no online deals yet that have caught my eye.

OT: Nice! Let's Encrypt is awesome : D
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

I bought a StartMail account, they're selling them for 50% off right now ^_^

I'm working on moving away from Google services towards more privacy-centric ones. I was already going to pay the full amount, so it's lucky timing for me \:D/
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

Gogeta70 wrote:
01 Dec 2020, 17:34
I bought a StartMail account, they're selling them for 50% off right now ^_^

I'm working on moving away from Google services towards more privacy-centric ones. I was already going to pay the full amount, so it's lucky timing for me \:D/
here's a good MX test to check the delivery rate: http://www.mail-tester.com/
what you definitely should use in your domain DNS are the DMARC and DKIm records, you might have to ask their support for those. besides improving the delivery rate this also protects from stuff like spoofing or backscatter.
you told me yesterday how much you love email stuff, so in case you need help let me know... :lol:

here's the rating for my server: http://www.mail-tester.com/test-x3ytktkc7
the -0.1 is a false positive....I always had the full score until a week ago... :x