OS Updates? Is this true

...let us know what you think, free speech!
Losing_grip
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

OS Updates? Is this true

Post by Losing_grip »

Upcoming Windows features:

Recover Files: Undelete accidentally deleted files

Re-delete Files: Super Secure delete

Re-recover Re-deleted Files: Restore "secure deleted" files

Unrecoverable secure delete Files: Totally destroy any chance of recovering files

Recover Unrecoverable Secure Deleted Files: Restore files on your hard drive that have been accidentally unrecoverably secure deleted... with one click!

Upcoming Mac Features:

Windows XP compatibility and emulation! Soon Mac users will be able to run thousands of new viruses and be up to date with the latest trojan horse windows attacks!

Upcoming Linux Features:

None planned, Linux is perfect.

Link = http://www.deadtroll.com/index2.html?/v ... ml~content

just wondering if it's true...

Asuna
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Re: OS Updates? Is this true

Post by Asuna »

Losing_grip wrote: Unrecoverable secure delete Files: Totally destroy any chance of recovering files

Recover Unrecoverable Secure Deleted Files: Restore files on your hard drive that have been accidentally unrecoverably secure deleted... with one click!
that doesn't make any sense... how could it be an "unrecoverable secure delete" if there's an option to restore files that have been "unrecoverably securely deleted"? If it's unrecoverable, how can you RECOVER it (and with one click!!!)?

Stavros
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post by Stavros »

Simple, logic dictates that if a "securely deleted" file can be un-"securely deleted" then obviously this whole "securely deleted" buisness is non-sense and false.

However, I cannot comment on if this is true or not.

I would like to inquire as to if the OP (original poster) means Vista, XP or whatever OS Microsoft has planned next. Seeing as I can't view video files.

sternbildchen

Post by sternbildchen »

The text is ironic pure. Hard not to get that. ^^

p99

Post by p99 »

So.... they just implemented things into the OS that could already be done?
I've formatted a hardrive 2 times and still recovered all my music and crap (and it still sounded good). Data recovery is so good these days that they can literally break down with an electron microscope and pull your crap off of there.
The only sure fire way is to melt the plates themselves. And who knows.... they might find a way to recover data from that! Not likely but who can tell?

Losing_grip

Post by Losing_grip »

p99 wrote:So.... they just implemented things into the OS that could already be done?
I've formatted a hardrive 2 times and still recovered all my music and crap (and it still sounded good). Data recovery is so good these days that they can literally break down with an electron microscope and pull your crap off of there.
The only sure fire way is to melt the plates themselves. And who knows.... they might find a way to recover data from that! Not likely but who can tell?
Yeah , but its hella expensive if you're going to try to recover data from formatted hd...

visser

Post by visser »

they should have programs
form what i understand
whenever you delte data you jus tscramble the electronic charge and change the 1 to a 0 or whatever. so if you find the algortihm that they use to delete. (change 0 to 1) then couldnt you just undo it?