Time management

...let us know what you think, free speech!
pseudo_opcode
cyber messiah
cyber messiah

Time management

Post by pseudo_opcode »

I am worst at it, how do you guys manage time for your passions?
Nowadays,

1.its work, which is developing sites, scripts and softwares

2.Its college, all those lectures, and studies,
in school i know already what they teach, and the stuff i dont know is useless for me, now who gives a fuck about differential equations, fourier series, vector spaces and all... still i have to learn it..i have no choice as its part of course

3.Its my girlfriend

Thats it, and everyday the time just runs away, i feel i m not giving enough time to either of the above three, and i have friends whom i meet only once a week , that to for like 15 minutes, and still i want to be here.
i miss those days of reading/learning about networks, protocols and operating systems... they teach us same things in school but its not what i want, in school they just finish curriculum, they just teach us what is in the guidelines.. for short i dont learn big deal as i already know the stuff.

i miss the days when i used to fire up gdb trying to figure out the shellcode address in heap memory.

i miss searching google for the electronic version of latest cool book in market

i miss hanging out on irc, talking to buddies located in different parts of the world

I miss hanging out on suck-o
I miss you all
I miss being pseudo_opcode

Do any of you face the same problem? Is it temporary for me? I guess i'll have to live like this until my graduation. What should i do?
My girlfriend is in my class, so thank god they both share common time and little time after school, but still its bad.
I m not doing great at work, i m not doing great at college, and my girlfriend is complaining i dont have enough time for her...
phew!!!

My life sucks

CommonStray
Forum Assassin
Forum Assassin

Post by CommonStray »

eh time is simply a measurement devised by mankind

I know exactly where your coming from here however, I do so much is so little time ive been told that ive been in 2 different places at once, its not easy, Im up all night on the comp working and up all day with the family, as well as running around and doing all sorts of things, but I do have moments where I

slow down, and concentrate on one thing at a time, look at the big picture

set priorities and goals, girlfriends are great, but whats more important college and the future of your life or your girlfriend, i mean unless she is your fiancee or your wife, you need to make it clear your goals and what you need to do, if she loves you and wants to be with you then she will understand and help and support you in those ventures, if not then get rid of her.

we are always here man, either on suck-o or our respective sites, and sometimes on IRC, im rarely on IRC (up until recently actually). But if there are things you need to do its understandable and we respect that completely

There have been moments where I am rarely ever on, and then im on all the time, its just up to you to schedule and set whats important to you first, i know this may seem selfish, but to get where you want to go its you that has to walk the path to get there.

you need to set aside time for your friends and your girlfriend this is true, and its healthy for you as well, but you don't need to dedicate your life to any 2-3 things, settle for one for a while, concentrate on another, set aside for the rest when you have time.

your girlfriend is complaining to you about you not spending time with her, tell her to find a hobby, does she have a job? does she have school to attend and study for? Ask yourself if she has the right to demand more from you, ask yourself if she deserves it, from what I can tell she has been sending you through a whirlwind of shit. If we were in different shoes, I would of kicked her to the curb already and just laugh when she came crawling back, if she didnt then to hell with her, whats easier to get a college degree or a girlfriend.

you can either lead or you can obey

sometimes writting down your goals and priorities can help you sort the issues out, try writing the pro's and con's down on paper and weigh the importance of what you need to do with what you should be doing.

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

you got the time? You got the TIme?

Post by DNR »

dude the same happened to me, I got married and then I really had no time left. But, my wife works at the same place I do. My wife is cool enough to give me internet time, cuz she asks me when I am done so she can go on! We met in college, she joined my study group, and it went from there.. 8)

If your girl is smart she'll like you because you are you and this is your life, if not - she ain't for you.

School? Got to do, cuz you can't get to where you want without it. (not all true, but school does help)

Don't take short cuts, don't skip the important stuff - make time for yourself.

Time - time ain't my friend either

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.