IBM Linux ad: Prodigy

...let us know what you think, free speech!
computathug
Administrator
Administrator

IBM Linux ad: Prodigy

Post by computathug »

Very interesting if you look into it. Looks like IBM might become a competitor once more at the top and hopefully shut down Microsoft and revert it into what Linux was 5 years ago. Ask yourself why has it taken so long for a tzar's (bill gates) power to be threatened. It was always a matter of time. Companies ran windows as the software was noob user friendly and as more companies turned to upgrade there technology schools continued to provide teaching for the future to help students which in most companies was microsoft at the time, although this has changed dramatically over the years with a slow start which is rapidly building. Once micro-shit got its grips into everything it did seem viable a few years ago to change company systems to Linux but it was the cost that was the down fall. Training would have crippled a lot of them and the costs would have run into millions at at some places. It was really all down to governments making the first step and getting the youth of today onto a different track...Linux. As the biggest competitors to micro-shit and other American mega trends china lead the way into keeping the world a free market with there great laws on copy rights etc etc. Fcuk micro-shit fcuk American and we rule the world lets get Linux into schools and learn the next generation and many other countries are and will follow suit, it was only a matter of time.

Apart from that all i have to say on the matter is ' Its about time '

If IBM pump some money into a Linux project to make it even possible for ya gran to use it and start selling there pc's with the system installed that would be a real kick in the teeth for micro-shit

The start of the revolution has begun

peace/war

maboroshi
Dr. Mab
Dr. Mab

WOW FUCK YEA

Post by maboroshi »

Nice Start of a revolution you can already see this by being able to find Open Source software for your system for practically anything you need

Stavros
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post by Stavros »

The only real problem I can see from exposure is that the more popular Linux becomes the more viruses, spyware, etc. will become more prevalent. Face it, Linux is considered "obscure" by the non-tech-savvy people. However, as linux becomes less and less obscure it may very well be the best thing to happen to the computer industry (not knocking linux at all).

I guess through that rambling I meant to say this: Viruses for Linux, as it stands, are few and far between. As Linux becomes mainstream there will be more. And a concern would be that the average user won't adequately protect or know how to protect his/her computer.

Other than that I just wish video game developers would code their games for Linux and Video Card Manufacturers would write up-to-date drivers for their cards in Linux (I'm looking at you ATi).

The commercial itself is interesting. I did recognize the young child in the chair. For those of you in the States he was "Young Titus" on the show Titus and the youngest brother in "Malcom In The Middle."

n3rd
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by n3rd »

well again, virusses are actually the failures of humans because there observation skills are low.

knowing linux you will most likely work with the user not the root, so things wont be able to be installed unless you allways work in root.

so I guess its pretty safe to say that viri are harder to catch with linux
[img]http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/8009/userbar2k.png[/img]

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

tehee....remember what good old b_b said when Vista was released? 8)
Vista will be the death of MS!
seems this time Uncle Bill took it too far with fooling his customers by promising heaven but delivering nothing but the world's most expensive spyware filled with bugs and flaws. all this whining about software piracy...I wonder how they make billions of Dollars each year when the situation is THAT bad, eh? 8)

good to see evolution is still working...yesterday the dinosaurs, today MS, and next will be the music industry. go with the flow or you will stomped by the masses, the behavior MS and the music industry shows is the one dictators usually show before the angry mob drags them to the streets: pure denial of reality and sending the last troops to terrorize the citizens, thinking extreme violence will end the riot.

ok, this is off topic, but I really had to:

:lol:

ulysse
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by ulysse »

bad_brain wrote: ok, this is off topic, but I really had to:

:lol:

LOLLLLLL Omg you made my night b_b!