Poker Stars

...let us know what you think, free speech!
isapiens
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Poker Stars

Post by isapiens »

Hey guys. Does anyone play on Pokerstars.com?
I am having problem depositing money from my credit card.

I was wondering if anyone wants to transfer couple a dollars to my account. I can pay back through paypal.

plus i would have to deposit minimum of 25 dollars if i used a credit card. i only want like 3 $.
Fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face.

Big-E
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Big-E »

Don't get me started on that again. On top of being addicted to alcohol and partying at University, I was also addicted to poker - and not very good at it. Although one time I won like almost $1,000 and went on a week long binge.

Good times..but times of the past. Therefore, I have no account and no money for you. Sorry.

isapiens

Post by isapiens »

haha, ye one must be careful.
I dont have a problem with gambling, but i am not sure about alcohol..... 8Q
Fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face.

Lyecdevf
cyber Idi Amin
cyber Idi Amin

Post by Lyecdevf »

Big-E wrote: On top of being addicted to alcohol and partying at University, I was also addicted to poker...
I have never been addicted to any thing. Which is kind of boring I guess but that is why I call my self, "Cyber Idi Amin." :D 8O :wink:
We will either find a way, or make one.
- Hannibal

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

gamblers annonymous

Post by computathug »

Lyecdevf wrote:
I have never been addicted to any thing. Which is kind of boring I guess but that is why I call my self, "Cyber Idi Amin."
Addictions are not always thing that are bad for us like drink, drugs and gambling. You have an addiction that you don't even see. Think about the word addiction and why we have them. Whether or not you realize it but we all have a similar addiction here on suck-o. Computing is one of my many addictions and know myself it has ruined my relationships. I work till stupid hours in the morning doing repairs but find i still get a buzz from it so why give it up.

Myself, i have always had an addictive personality. If I like something i don't like doing things in halves....i'm the whole hog type of guy. If i get something in my head theres no stopping me. I'm also very spontaneous and do things in the spare of the moment, for example i decided last week i am going traveling for a month or two and am going in a few weeks. All this is down to my addictive personality.

Also i wouldn't recommend anyone playing online poker. I wonder how many people use bots????? Play poker with people you can see but also be wary of pre arranged games. Money is the route to all evil and you would be surprised at the lengths some people will go to.

Play Safe

Lyecdevf
cyber Idi Amin
cyber Idi Amin

Re: gamblers annonymous

Post by Lyecdevf »

computathug wrote: You have an addiction that you don't even see. Think about the word addiction and why we have them. Whether or not you realize it but we all have a similar addiction here on suck-o. Computing is one of my many addictions and know myself it has ruined my relationships.
Yeah, I spend a lot of my time behind the comptuer but that is not an addiction. I can go for weeks with out it and have done so many times with out a problem.

If I had a life I would not be here. It is that simple. One day I may get a life and I wont be here no more. So this is no addiction to me. It just happens to be working for me and that is why I do it.
We will either find a way, or make one.
- Hannibal

isapiens

Post by isapiens »

ok, i can see none of you bastards gona give me 3 dollars hehe

Then lets talk about addictions!

I think i only had 2 real addictions. Baldura's Gate 2 and cigarettes. Second one is much harder to fight but i think i am doing alright.

I only call something an addiction if you plan your day around it. Like when are you gona have a smoke break or when am i gona play some computer.

You think laziness is an addiction? Cuz i am hooked on that shit ;o

Big-E
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Big-E »

Isapiens, I don't agree.

I think an addiction is when you DON'T plan to do something, but then do it - all without thinking. Often, this is why it's so hard to realize an addiction. Personally, when I woke up hungover 4-5x a week last year, I finally decided I have enough - I have went out hard and drank in over 3-4 months. Which is good, by my standards. Sure, I still drink but I am not going out and drinking a 24 a night. Not only is it hard on the body and mind, but it kills the bank account.

As for you, Lycedevf - you have an addiction and don't even know it. That is the first sign of an addiction - you are defending accusations with examples (ie. "I can go a week without a computer, and have before") But what you neglected to tell us is how many times you thought about the computer during that week proportion. The only thing that tells us is you have some restraint, but in reality - you are addicted to computers. How can I tell? Well for one, your post count is a prime example.

Am I saying computer addiction is bad? Well, it's better than my alcohol addiction I had or smokes for that matter. Everything in proportion is good, so if the computer is causing no problems in other aspects of your life, why mess with a good thing?

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

My name is DNR, and I am an Addict!

Post by DNR »

What defines addiction? Is it bad? Addiction is a behavior that is negative, because it impacts other areas of living, such as eating, working (being productive), and even socializing (it is a part of living).

If you spent more time on the console, say 8 - 14 hour straight, rather than calling your mom on the phone, or going out visiting friends that don't know what the fuck a 'internet' is. Drinking redbull and Evian, rather than eating breakfast and lunch, and dinner.. :lol:

Alcohol, weed, coke, codes, you can trade one for another. But you'll always be addicted.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

isapiens

Post by isapiens »

Alcohol, weed, coke, codes, you can trade one for another. But you'll always be addicted.
thats true, i don't think anyone really quits smoking cigarettes for example. i mean you might stop smoking but even 5 years from that day if you see a cigarette your brain will remind you about that good old feeling.

Its fucken chemicals in your brain, you cant do anything about it. but it still doesn't mean you cant fight it, you should. I am just saying you shouldn't try to make yourself think that you don't like doing it.