What does today mean to you?

...let us know what you think, free speech!
Swan
Knight of the Sword
Knight of the Sword

What does today mean to you?

Post by Swan »

Perhaps it is just a Sunday, wet and misrable. A birthday perhaps? Maybe a anniversary for a loved one?

25th May, 1944....the Battle of Dunkirk. A military event of such unparalled significance, it heralded the gallant efforts for each and every committed soldier, and brave member of the armed forces. It was a tense time, with the mass evacaution of Allied soldiers trapped behind enemy lines.

It is for these brave souls, these noble patriots that i dedicate this post to. Through their tireless sacrifice, courage and tenacity despite overwhelming odds, and pain all around they never gave up. In war, the basest of emotions are seen, the cruel barbaric nature in us all.

My biggest regret is that only a select few are entitled to the Medal of Honour, but to ALL veterans, and soldiers both now and gone, I salute you. You are an inspiration to future generations, hallowed memories to be forever cherised and revered.

Liberty, democracy, our fundamental rights, which we so often take for granted are anything but free. Inscribed in the blood of young men and women, and sealed by the anguished crys of mothers and families, we must ensure never to take such rights for granted again.

To be forgotten...and never remembered, is surely the cruelest fate of all.

TheKingOfHearts

Post by TheKingOfHearts »

its now Thusday.

i had my first essay final and im pretty sure i passed because
even if its bullshit 4 pages about Capitalism vs. Communism is pretty beastly
[url=http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/2034/oopsrg8.gif]/sig[/url]