ipod HELP needed

...let us know what you think, free speech!
floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

ipod HELP needed

Post by floodhound2 »

I need some questions asked from ipod users.

1. When you buy an ipod does it comes with a cable to the PC?
2. When you put in the password do you need the PC cable? How do you reset the password?
3. What does the screen look like when you first boot it up?
4. Does an ipod come with a car charger when you buy it?

Thanks for the answers if i get them. I have to go to court and prove that the ipod is stolen.
₣£ΘΘĐĦΘŮŇĐ

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

hm, I have no ipod, but it's possible the included accessories are different for each model, so which model is it...nano, shuffle, classic, etc.?

MariaLara
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Re: ipod HELP needed

Post by MariaLara »

floodhound2 wrote:I need some questions asked from ipod users.

2. When you put in the password do you need the PC cable? How do you reset the password?

Thanks for the answers if i get them. I have to go to court and prove that the ipod is stolen.
1. Yes

2. IDK but you can reset them to original settings and I think the way you reset them is different with each one. Look up reseting password with the model you are curious about.

3. I forget...apple logo maybe

4. No

I have 3 different models and that is what I know from owning them. Sorry can't help more.

rhysh
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by rhysh »

hmmm,dont know if i can help you alot here,but are they accusing you of stealing it or are you proving some one else stole the ipod or what?

Still_Learning

Post by Still_Learning »

I have a real ipod and a generic one, both of them you just plug to your computer via USB - i prefer the generic one because you can cut and paste and drag n drop the files to want to view or listen to. the real ipod i had to use a special software to move the files onto the ipod which creates them in a weird format like .m4p orsomething. The screen on your ipod you probuly wont even look at it just has a thing saying it is connected to the PC, you can buy ipod car chargers for cheap on ebay. No PW is needed, i dont even think you can set one. There maybe other expensive ipods that do but all the ones ive delt with never needed a PW.
I bought one from china on ebay a mp4 player i can hear music, view txt files, listen to local radio stations, watch movies on the little screen ,everything.. only costs like 40 USD, it was 4 gigs, i can also transfer any files i want on it with the usb cable that came with it. .exe, .com .bat whatever, i can use it like a flash drive that plays music and movies.
I would recommend the generic ones over the real ipod because tey are cheaper and have a PC format for the files and you can drag and drop mp3s onto it like a USB drive. the original ipods encrypt the mp3s first before they are transfered to your ipod.

Big-E
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Big-E »

MariaLara wrote:

1. Yes

2. IDK but you can reset them to original settings and I think the way you reset them is different with each one. Look up reseting password with the model you are curious about.

3. I forget...apple logo maybe

4. No

I have 3 different models and that is what I know from owning them. Sorry can't help more.
MariaLara is correct, but for 3. It is indeed an Apple Logo, for sure..mine is straight from the factory ordered from the Apple store. Mine is only a 2G Nano 4th generation..the tiny one.