Thanksgiving !

...let us know what you think, free speech!
floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Thanksgiving !

Post by floodhound2 »

Happy Thanksgiving to some of you. I am sick as a dog but got a week off of work to enjoy this holiday.

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

Hey nice Card there! Man that sucks - to be sick at a time when the eating is going to get good.

I am thankful for the gang on suck-o - so happy thanksgiving all!

I'll be working TG day, but then I got a four-day weekend off!

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

Still_Learning
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by Still_Learning »

Happy thanksgiving! I will be in the kitchen cooking up some awesome grub
kind of another hobby i enjoy doing. Cooking is an art *thumb* oh yeah i will also be hanging out with family, i'll see how that goes tommarow lol

ph0bYx
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by ph0bYx »

Happy thanksgiving guys ;)!

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

happy thanks-christmas-cookies-almost-make-my-belly-explode-giving! :lol:
in germany there is no thanksgiving, but in this time of the year my mum makes christmas cookies for the first time...so it's also a holiday for me, because I LOVE christmas cookies... :mrgreen: \:D/

Still_Learning

Post by Still_Learning »

yes.. christmas cookies are very yummy indeed

rhysh

Post by rhysh »

sorry but what is thanksgiving,is it like early christmas celebrations?

sorry noob question ^^

Still_Learning

Post by Still_Learning »

rhysh wrote:sorry but what is thanksgiving,is it like early christmas celebrations?

sorry noob question ^^
A day to give thanks for things you have, spend time with your family and eat a big meal together..

Thanksgiving according to wiki...

"Thanksgiving, also known as Thanksgiving Day, is a harvest festival. Traditionally, it is a time to give thanks for the harvest and express gratitude in general. It is primarily a North American holiday which has generally become a national secular holiday with religious origins.

The dates and whereabouts of the first Thanksgiving celebration are a topic of modest contention. Though the earliest attested Thanksgiving celebration was on September 8, 1565 in what is now Saint Augustine, Florida[1][2], the traditional "first Thanksgiving" is venerated as having occurred at the site of Plymouth Plantation, in 1621.

Today, Thanksgiving is celebrated on the second Monday of October in Canada and on the fourth Thursday of November in the United States. Thanksgiving dinner is held on this day, usually as a gathering of family members."

I thought it also had to do something with the pilgrams hitting plymouth rock, celebration and the slaughter of native indians but maybe thats just weird internet propaganda

EDIT::::::::::;

I was looking for some good recipes for tommarow and thought i would share check this out

http://www.foodnetwork.com/topics/thank ... index.html

oops thats the link just for the appetizer but im sure you will find the rest of the recipes. Just looking at that stuff is making me hungry

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

rhysh wrote:sorry but what is thanksgiving,is it like early christmas celebrations?

sorry noob question ^^
Its an American holiday. :wink:

rhysh

Post by rhysh »

oh k,thanks

lol im not even from america,no wonder i didnt know

thanks for explaining it guys,and get well floodhound

Still_Learning

Post by Still_Learning »

Thats cool, I had no idea were Serbia was the other day, but learned by another persons post prompting me to look for a certain place on the map i never really knew about and learned more about that region now.

Thats why i like international sites.. since i dont have the money to actully travel there, i can use the internet :lol: yeah and floodhound, have your girl make you some turkey noodle soup, sounds like a good cure for the cold

nightkid

Post by nightkid »

get well floodhound!! the magical feast today will make you feel better...3:09 in the morning..hit the bed in a bit and wake up just in time for the turkey to come out and the relatives to roll in....that was my pet peeve on thanksgiving, waiting for the delicious food to actually be done.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/trenchcoatskrilla/biohazard.gif[/img]

puto
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by puto »

Happy thanksgiving guys Even for the ones who don't celebrate it. :P I'm sure with a turkey leg in hand You'll feel much better Flood.
Intelligence merely allows you to be more elaborately and ornately disastrously wrong.