Why I am so Busy lately "My invention"

...let us know what you think, free speech!
floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Why I am so Busy lately "My invention"

Post by floodhound2 »

Just thought I would share a bit of my work with some of you. I have been real busy lately and it looks like ill continue to be busy in the future.

This is the second phase of my invention and looks like ill need one more revision before it hits the market. Basically it is a small heater / freezer that scientist use to control temperatures in a sample compartment for scientific experiments.

Overview:
A temperature controlled heater / freezer that is extremely acute and precise. Its temperature range is currently in the order of 221°F to -76°F. It can react to outside influences quickly and can hold a desired temperature with a standard deviation of 0.0032°. This makes it very stable for a sample to be analyzed. Trust me, controlling a device that can change temperatures in increments of .01°C was difficult. I can breathe on the chamber and it will change temperature. In order to achieve the desired goal was to program a PID algorithm that took a month to “tune.”

Electronics:
Only going to list the major stuff so that I don't complicate things

- Total power is 60Watts (12Volts / 5Amps)
- Max Voltage 15 Volts
- Max Current 6 Amps
- An 8 core processor running at 80 MHz.
- 256Kbit EEprom
- Bluetooth circuitry
- USB

Software:
A computer interface that monitors status and displays the temperature.

Below are some pictures. Sorry for the quality

Thanks for looking :)

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

wow...man, that simply rocks! 8O
one things came to my mind while reading your post:
"would make a damn great CPU cooler with bluetooth remote control!"
I mean, it would be possible (at least in theory), right? :-k
how is the noise level of that device?

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

Lol Nice idea B_B a blue tooth CPU cooler. Yea this could cool a CPU but Its a bit overkill and you still need to run water through it.

Noise is minimal I use some diodes to suppress any that may be reflected or emitted as EMF. Basically its absorbed back in to the system.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

well, of course it's an overkill, but it looks already much more advanced than the Cryo-Z cooler which is supposed to be "state of the art" but looks like it was made of some scrapyard fridge parts on the inside.

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/377

Still_Learning
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by Still_Learning »

Look cool, but what exactly does it do, keep whatever is in the box a certain tempature that you can determine to a extremely accurate cooling or heating tempurature?

or just detect what the temp of something is? sorry im a little buzzed its sat night
Gone

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

Still_Learning wrote:Look cool, but what exactly does it do, keep whatever is in the box a certain tempature that you can determine to a extremely accurate cooling or heating tempurature?

or just detect what the temp of something is? sorry im a little buzzed its sat night
Wish I was buzzed. Yea you got it, it keeps the temperature inside the chamber at a high degree of accuracy and precision.

Still_Learning

Post by Still_Learning »

You can make alot of money from that i allready have an idea.. use it to install on high end limos and cars, to keep peoples car interioir the exact temp they want, and the little box can act as a fridge and keep their drinks exactly whatever temp they want, installtion to the vehicle should not be hard, plus you can charge alot since its an original idea.

My friend has this Lincoln navigator that has a booty warmer.. its crazy, it keeps your ass eaither warm or cold while your sitting in the car seat , depending on the weather condition, im sure whoever invented that is rich

or imagine a cup holder that keeps your drink the exact temp you want as an add on, plus since it has the blue tooth you can make a remote control to control temps in all parts of the car.

custom installtions will pay good
Gone

isapiens

Post by isapiens »

is that pump in the box or does it sit outside? (i assume there is a pump because you use water)
Fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face.

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

The pump sets out side of the unit. It runs water for normal temperature operations but it can run other chemicals.

Still_Learning

Post by Still_Learning »

floodhound2 wrote:The pump sets out side of the unit. It runs water for normal temperature operations but it can run other chemicals.
\

Try useing gatorade instead of water, it has electrolytes :lol: j/k
Gone

n3rd
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by n3rd »

So floody, is this for a cpu? cus I like the idea, of low temp cooling and hardly noise.
[img]http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/8009/userbar2k.png[/img]

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Re: Why I am so Busy lately "My invention"

Post by bad_brain »

floodhound2 wrote:Basically it is a small heater / freezer that scientist use to control temperatures in a sample compartment for scientific experiments.
NOT for CPUs...sadly....I would really want one for christmas... =P~

I guess in theory it should be no problem to use it as CPU cooler, all you need is to connect it to the liquid circuit with common CPU water cooling parts... :-k
but well, I don't think floody can provide the circuit diagram without getting into danger of being sued for serious copyright violations...and this device don't look like it can be built with the usual hobby electronic equipment anyway...:lol:

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

Yea I cant release the schematic but if any of you want to make something like it I would be happy to give advice. Realistically the electronics was the easy part. Programming 8 processors to run at the same time [in parallel] in assembly; was exhausting and its still being modified to date. To put it in perspective I spent about 2 weeks on electronics and 3 months on the code, working 10 to 14 hours a day. Of course my boss provides me with great scotch when needed.

f4Gg0t_43

Post by f4Gg0t_43 »

floodhound2 wrote:Yea I cant release the schematic but if any of you want to make something like it I would be happy to give advice. Realistically the electronics was the easy part. Programming 8 processors to run at the same time [in parallel] in assembly; was exhausting and its still being modified to date. To put it in perspective I spent about 2 weeks on electronics and 3 months on the code, working 10 to 14 hours a day. Of course my boss provides me with great scotch when needed.
Oh you're getting payed.. Thought this was just a personal project.

tehmore

Post by tehmore »

That's awesome!!