W3 Schools question

...let us know what you think, free speech!
Still_Learning
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

W3 Schools question

Post by Still_Learning »

I seen online there i can get my HTML certification for like 60$, allready passed the practice exam with flying colors. I also see they have Java and ASP certs, site looks very cool, free learning, practice quiz, then you can take the exam online and it is not an outrageous price.

My question is do their certs hold any weight in the job hiring process? Do big business take these certs seriously? Also is there any way to get a comp tia A+ cert online like that? instead of having to goto the local testing center? and one more question, does anyone have a recent 2008 A+ practice exams? I need to get some certs, thanks
Gone

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

I don't think any of the exams for the really valuable and accredited certificates can be done online....the danger of cheating would be simply too big.

when applying for a job the certificates given by well-known authoritites are of course the most valuable ones, I don't know much about the MS ones, so take a look here:
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/c ... tions.mspx

if you want to go into the Linux direction the LPI certificates are the ones to get...when having LPIC-1, LPIC-2 and LPIC-3 companies will kiss your ass to get you on board... :lol:
the good thing about LPI certificates is that they are very cheap, you only have to pay for the exams, about 100 bucks for each exam. on Linux conventions you can sometimes even do the exams for half the price.
take a look here: http://www.lpi.org/

:wink:

Still_Learning

Post by Still_Learning »

Yeah, the Linux certifications are looking really nice compared to the MS ones. 100$ sounds alot better per an exam. Plus i dont like that dude on the MS cert page link, looks like hes stareing at me funny.
Gone

Lyecdevf
cyber Idi Amin
cyber Idi Amin

Post by Lyecdevf »

Maybe one day when I become really good at linux I am going to have a go at this. I think it would be kind of fun to try this out! :D
We will either find a way, or make one.
- Hannibal

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

search for the exam to post here, I am sure someone has posted a copy

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

Still_Learning

Post by Still_Learning »

cool thanks 8)

while on the subject.. how many people here have the linux certs? ussually what do job salarys start at for someone with just the first linux cert? or all 3?

what certs do you have accomplished so far? or years of equivilant schooling?
Gone