Fight back against companys screwing over people

...let us know what you think, free speech!

Keep?

yes
No votes
no
No votes

Total votes: 0

Still_Learning
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Fight back against companys screwing over people

Post by Still_Learning »

its all over craigslist..

check this ad out..

"
* Able to work in a technical environment.
* 100% smoke free environment.
* Able to pass an extensive federal background check (wonder what that means, how many years back/extensive they go, what they look for)
* Able to pass drug screen testing
* Will be asked to wear our ankle bracelet practically all the time during training.
* 100% attendance required for training (4 wks - 2wk class room training/2 wk nesting)
* Must be able to work weekends/holidays
* Rotate days off (will be allowed 1 weekend off a month)

Compensation: $10.00/hr

look at the response this type of job ad gets within the same job catagory for everyone to see (its free to post an ad on craigslist, be careful most of them are pyramid schemes or people trying to screw you over to make money)

"They have to be Bilingual? What is this country comeing too? Now people born in this country that only speak english are not accepted for jobs?

You want someone to monitor dangerous felons, wear a ankle bracelet, go threw an extensive FBI background check and drug test, and they only get one weekend off per a month?

PBBFFFTTTTT.. GET REAL!! 10$ an hour should be the minimum wage, stop ripping people off and pay people what the job is worth! I can work at McDonalds during nightshift and get paid 10.17/hr. You need to raise the pay to atleast 15$/hr, this is sad when employers like you keep screwing people over with poverty level salarys and expect so so much back in return. You will never get good employees (if any)"

----

people need to start speaking up like that the dude above.. if you want to move this to the debate section then fine, i was not sure where to place this.

Speak up and loud against companys like this screwing people over. (sounds like a government program) eaither way they seem to keep lowering what we get paid for honest hard work and making us pay more for everything. No wonder crime is up. The cost of bread, electricity, food, milk, ect.. everything is going up in cost except for employees salary. People on unemployment get paid more then people working minimum wage jobs (40 hours a week), this is sad.

check this out, more example of companys trying to rip us off

"Software Developer
The candidates will join the team which is responsible for development of a special project.

Responsibilities:
• Develop, Troubleshoot, and debug software code
• Troubleshoot and resolve software-related problems
• Develop and adhere to technical standards and procedures
• Adhere to documented project standards and estimated development time requirements
• Write documentation to include design documents and installation/instruction guides
• Analyze and recommend for the best way to proceed with program/application development and/or modification
• Perform other duties, as assigned

Requirements
• BA or BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field
• Minimum 4 years of programming experience
• Team player with excellent interpersonal skills as well as verbal/written communicational skills.
• Analytical skills are required
• Extensive practical experience with building and maintaining large-scale, complex application systems
• Experienced in multiple programming technologies and relational database design experience
• Knowledge of software development technology, principles, methods, tools, and practices

Technical Skills
• Development Environments: Unix/Linux
• App/web Servers: Tomcat
• Languages: C/C++, SQL, Unix/Linux shell scripting, Web technologies (html, dhtml, scripting)

Compensation: $12.00/hr+ Depending on experience

---------------

Am i crazy or does that job deserve atleast 60k a year or more????
4 YR DEGREE? COM'N - 12/HR.. employers are just fucking anyone who is bent over at this time. If you have skills like that whytf are you going to get 12$/hr, people can make more answering customer service phone calls. I think i would rather live in a tribal like place hunting racoons, possoms and shit then accept that B/S from other biz

n3rd
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by n3rd »

when prices increase and wages stay the same, the sooner recession comes knocking at our door....like now :P.

but you are right. but its also about setting standards for yourself.

Like for me, I do not take jobs that give me a lower compensation then 10 euro's
[img]http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/8009/userbar2k.png[/img]

Still_Learning

Post by Still_Learning »

10 euros per an hour is like 20$ per an hour in US dollars
Gone

Big-E
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Big-E »

Money is only relative to how you spend it.

I currently make $12/hr with my 'regular' job, and usually between $20-30/hr doing extra jobs online for a few clients. I am starting to build a good client base to keep me busy; work has been slow during Christmas - however, before that work was quite plentiful.

Point is, I do not make a heck of a lot either, but wealth is measured not by how much you earn but by how little you spend. You can make all the money in the world, then proceed to spend all the money in world..this leaves you with nothing left OR you can make $1 and save that $1, thus making you richer than the man who made 10000x more money than you.

Again, let me make my point money is relative.

Next time you see a homeless person on the street, with a few dollars worth of change in a cup - he is already wealthier than you ...he has no debt. Money is relative..

Good luck finding a job, but screwing over other people to get you an extra buck will get you no where. Build a bridge, keep it intact and use it later in life.

Cheers,
Big-E

n3rd
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by n3rd »

money makes things easier, it can pay to help u get rid of debt, pay to afford a house, a car u name it. thats why we invented money.....and corruption.

Big-E
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Big-E »

Debt is a product of spending..spending too much. If one has no debt, then they don't have to earn as much, and to not have this aforementioned debt..just simply don't spend. Best way to fight "the man".

Right now, I can afford a car but I don't buy one.

Right now, I can afford to move out of my parents house, but I don't.

Right now, I am in debt due to my previous habits of spending money I do not have - this is one of the things I changed in Big-E V2.0...V1.0 had many flaws.

I NOW buy things out of necessity, things that will BENEFIT me in the future - a car will not do that for me right now. My current goal is to rid myself of ALL my debt - I don't want to owe anyone ANYTHING. Next goal, is to save all I earn and share out of necessity (someone in need ..etc). Maybe you think I am stupid, because I no longer agree with the capitalistic ways, even though I still fight the thoughts instilled in my mind, each and every day; it`s something I no longer believe in. You can say I have been enlightened.

I have not always been this way, trust me..I was the first one to flaunt money, and I STILL dream of having tons of money..we all do - we are taught this from a very young age. Money = good, no money = bad. However, do you notice a great proportion of people who are FILTHY rich are that way because at one point in time, they did not have money...they know the worth of a dollar. I just hope that if, or when, I do fall into a pile of cash that I am not greedy. It will be something I will try and fight against.

</hippy rant>

n3rd
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by n3rd »

I never said it was stupid, I just......like my money...the way it shows up on my bank account not in red.....I just like numbers that grow :D

Still_Learning

Post by Still_Learning »

Maybe I am wrong but it seems like you may have gone off topic. 12$/hr for your skillls you are way underpaid. I myself have undercut myself in price.. sitting across the table from some fancy company owner that needs a website.. they are like "what do you charge per a page/.site" my usual reply is 100 to 200$ per a page depending on complexity and how long it will take to build.

I agree with n3rd on the bank account not hitting the red zone, watching a bank account grow is the best. I love paypal

btw: sorry to inform you if you do not allready know but money is important to alot of people. thats how we survive, single mothers feed their kids, single men trying to do someting positive, ect.. we can always get down to who has the most guns and ammo, and take whatever we want, but im not with that I prefer a peaceful enivornment.

some people just have tons of money and take it for granted.
Gone

nightkid

Post by nightkid »

i work for a radio station where basically i had to go convince people to give me money for their advertisements to be on the air. i dont get any $/per hour, i got 25% of the sales...it's kinda hard, sometimes u get ppl wantin to spend 100 bucks,that are local but i just got a contract with a local car dealership who dished out 6k for full advertising through 09' so that means i get 1.5 k :D by talking to the dude for 30 minutes.

---edit---
and the best way to get back at any company is whatever their saling

pirate it :D
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/trenchcoatskrilla/biohazard.gif[/img]

Big-E
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Big-E »

The point of my postings went over your head, you do not understand what I am trying to get at. Yes, money is required to sustain our existence but it`s only relative to what we require to exist. I for example, do not require what a young professional in New York City requires; he wants a lavish life style and I live in a small town. I do not have to dress in a suite, I wear a dress shirt and slacks to work and I am often 'over dressed' - seriously, most people run around with boots and dirty jeans most of the time. However, there are a few people in particular professions such as bankers, lawyers and other people in the local service industry who are required to meet a certain standard of appears but otherwise, it’s rather low standard. With that being said, I also do not own a car (as I don't require a car, I can get to point a to point b at any given time with no issues..I don't even have to take a taxi). I once owned a car and I realize the costs associated; I don't want to incur those costs right now and thus, I do not own a car - when it`s required, I will purchase one. Point of that little spiel is, I realize the value of a dollar and I do not go out and spend it because I want a car or any particular item, I will only spend it, if or when I need a car, or that particular item.

So me earning $12/hr to upkeep my lifestyle may just very well be the equivalent of a young professional in NYC earning $40/hr ...I may even come out on top with more money in the bank account than the individual in NYC. Money is only relative to how you spend it.

I did not always realize the value of a dollar, in fact I had a talk randomly with a local businessman who is one of the local millionaires in the area (lots of old money kicking around)..he is a german immigrant coming from a low income family, he moved here for a new life and he earned every bit himself - he gave me some really great advice and really inspired me to change my lifestyle (heck, a few people here are also contributed to my transformation and I assure you it’s not an easy task). Rolph (is his name) really put my life into perspective, gave me some business tips and really helped me put some goals into my life ...all from a random conversation (that actually lasted a couple hours). He gave me the best piece of advice anyone could give "It`s not how much you make, it’s how much you save that really determines your wealth" - from that day on (mid summer), I have saved and I now have a nice bank account built up that I will never touch. I probably spend only about 20% of my earnings, the rest are going into a savings account. This 20% of my earnings goes mostly to bills and I sometimes splurge on various electronic items, I recently bought a computer but it was necessary that I do so (I consider it a business expense, but I will not actually claim it as a business expense for other reasons I won't explain).

I guess with greed, comes more greed. In the end, the greedy will dig their own grave. Look at the history of many of the self made rich individuals; the individuals who do not come from a rich family - look at what they drive, where the live and their general lifestyle. You will notice a trend which contributes to each individual’s successes and failures.

So, no - I was entirely on topic you just do not see the point. Re-read what I have said and analyze my points and you may see differently.

Still_Learning

Post by Still_Learning »

Big-E.. i understand dude.. but i am not happy with living at my parents nad eatting ramen soup everyday and being poor and not being able to afford to bring a girl out for dinner or to the movies or whatever..

Im a adult, i need enough to buy a house and pay off my car, and have good health and dental insurance. Minimum wage is there so people can afford the basic nessecitys. Its impossible at 6.75/hr, even at 10$/hr it is impossible if your a single person. You maybe happy not having a car and living with your parents but im not. I seriously think you have no idea what it is to be poor. Your parents i bet a loaded with money so its not as important to you. Beleive it or not money is VERY important to some people. And you are right about saving, i was told to always save 10% of each paycheck in savings.. saving is good, if you can afford to save and are not living check to check like the majority of people

Not to mention what would happen to the IT industry if everyone started accepting jobs paying much less then they are worth .. then it would become the norm and you would start seeing cisco certified professionals getting 15/hr instead of 60k a year+
Gone

rhysh

Post by rhysh »

sl i understand u too,i dont have much money on my hands,but i think its all depending on how you spend it

i dont make much at all,but if you spend wisely and save wisely,you may end up with something,anyways just noting that to ya

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

I'll be the first to say, IT workers in the past were paid their worth. Back in the 1980's and 1990's it was harder to find good, knowledgeable, experienced IT workers. No one really wanted to study CIS back then. It was too geeky, but when people found out about the money.. Now, every college is teaching networking, even linux 101. It didn't help that other countries knew there was a market for CIS/IT and jumped on the bandwagon faster than the US did.
The same is going on with hospitals, US workers are getting undercut by foreigners that got schooled in their country and come here for the jobs. They do it for a lower wage and less benefits. Some foreigner that would get $5 an hour in their country would gladly work for $10 an hour here, while the US worker who made $30 for the same job is getting outsourced. By the way, every foreign worker I met, never always had the same skill set and quality of most US workers I met. The customer loses, the co-workers loses, and the only person that is benefiting from this exchange is the company - their profit margin is increased. Oh yea, the foreign worker makes off well too - he/she will return to their country with their profits. The Free Trade agreement does not benefit america, we got sold out by the politicians.

As far as the other topic about money. Money should not define who you are, let your character do that. Managing money is organizing your life so you can be a self-supporting, tax paying, useful citizen. That bum with $2 in his cup and no debt - is not self-supporting, pays no taxes, and is hardly useful if he sits on his ass all day holding a cup.
People today want the things their parents have, the things their parents had to work all their lives for, and they want it now. It is selfish because people are not willing to work hard for it, and they don't care about the debt their actions will put on other people.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

Still_Learning

Post by Still_Learning »

DNR wrote: People today want the things their parents have, the things their parents had to work all their lives for, and they want it now. It is selfish because people are not willing to work hard for it, and they don't care about the debt their actions will put on other people.

DNR
*sounds like you all think i am lazy or dont work, you are 100% wrong i have 2 jobs, and have to have 2 jobs enable to pay bills (allthough i am always looking for a better one)*

My father himself said he would hate to live during the era that I am living in because it is alot tougher. Of course (most of us) want what our parents have. That is building a wonderful family, owning your own home, having realiable transportation to go where you need to go when you want, and being happy. I agree with you, it is hard work to accomplish that, but its alot harder to do when like you said in the first paragraph. Hard working Americans that spent many many many years learning a trade, spending tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars in college, gets out of school to start their career and get hit with a 12-15$/hr job because now the job is not worth as much and some person from another country is doing it 1/3 of the price and the companys screwing over the employess by paying them the least they can..

prices of everything are going up, milk, cheese, tv's, games, electricity, water, tires, i dont have a list, but pretty much everything except for gas the cost of it is going up

The cost of what we are getting paid is not going up to match with the cost of everything else going up. Its actully going down.. price of everything going up, price of us getting paid going down, along with hundreds of thousand of employees recently being laid off

the companys are screwing most of us over
Gone

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

S_L *don't misread too much into the posts, when you assume you make an ass out of u and me. I don't consider you 'people' you are an outcast like the rest of us :wink: *

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.