Dual Screens, Dual Operating Systems.

...let us know what you think, free speech!
Big-E
Administrator
Administrator

Dual Screens, Dual Operating Systems.

Post by Big-E »

Okay, so I finally got my second monitor and I am now running dual 22" LCD Widescreen LCDs. Now, I have been thinking about doing the following, I want to run linux inside a virtualize environment, but I also want to run it so I can seamlessly cross from one OS to another, perhaps even carrying clipboard data with me, anyone know if this is possible with VMWare?

Pictures:

Last edited by Big-E on 17 Jan 2009, 10:29, edited 1 time in total.

Still_Learning
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by Still_Learning »

so your running two monitors with each one on a diffrent box?

or two monitors on one box but the one box is useing two monitors, one which is displaying windows os and the other displaying the linux os currently? guess i was kind of confused by the statement "I am not running dual 22" LCD Widescreen LCDs"
Gone

Big-E
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Big-E »

*now, not ..not. My bad, I will fix that.

Anyway, I am running both monitors on one box with Linux virutalized on top of Windows. I want to integrate it more so that data can be passed back and forth between the two operating systems. I know a method of doing this with two linux systems, but it defeats the purpose because I need Windows for a couple applications.

X2X is the application that allows you to use two boxes with 2 Monitors and 1 mouse/keyboard. The beauty of X Windows System. :)