Give it away

...let us know what you think, free speech!
DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Give it away

Post by DNR »

I have always been a watcher of people. I try to stay off to the side and be invisible.

I developed some theories about why people are the way they are.

Sometimes people do things as a deliberate act, sometimes people do things and they are unaware what they have done.

I think it is a normal human tendacy for people to want to do things for themselves. Its not being greedy, but just fufilling a human need they have within themselves.

They say human beings are one of the few animals on the planet that have the ability to care for another. A certain monkey will offer food to a animal less fortunate than itself. The human being is capable of understanding others less fortunate than themselves. The human being is also able to ignore others less fortunate then themselves, in an almost careless, indifferent way, - self-serving.

This has been a great deal of distress in my life.
It really hurts me deep inside when other people make a concsious or sub-conscious decision to ignore other people.

Consider working in a hospital. There are people like you and me, but they are at the end of their life. We all will be in their shoes one day.
I treat patients as if one day I will be in their place, and I hope there will be someone just like me, who cares, to take care of me.

People are vain, they need to fill a need for self satisfaction. They want to be the center of attention, they got to sit at the front desk and talk about themselves while people in dire need, just need someone to be there for a touch or one valuable minute of your time.

Being a geek, I thought maybe I was being too self-centered, worrying about me, worry about what other people thought of me.

Now I don't care.

I worry about being there for another person, being the right guy, at the right time and place. All they want is one minute of caring, just to know someone gives a shit about them.

I feel bad because I cannot get to everyone. People are going to die and live in the span I write this. Opportunities gained, opportunities lost.

If a hacker, if you are so elite, what have you done? Are you for yourself or are you for the right thing. I write this to ask each one of you to make a difference, to give up yourselves for the right reasons.

One day, it will matter. One day it will not be about you.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

Lyecdevf
cyber Idi Amin
cyber Idi Amin

Post by Lyecdevf »

It is sad but today every one is selfish and self serving as you have said. It is a sad little world that we live in. In order to survive in this world one needs to be just like that-a selfish self serving person. One day things may change cough *2012* cough :lol:
We will either find a way, or make one.
- Hannibal

7A69
forum buddy
forum buddy

Post by 7A69 »

I don't really like the idea that everyone should help people who are less fortunate than them or actually help anyone at all in any way if they don't want to. Imho no one asked to be born and no one promised nothing as return service for gift of life so you don't owe anything for anyone.

Also my view of life doesn't contain any life(or rewards or punishments) after death so if I look life just pure logically without any feelings the only thing that would really matter is how happy you are. So that means that every act I should do should be made for nothing but pure selfishness.

That may sound like I'd be bad person who cares for no one and never does any favours but the truth is far from that. I've thought about this a lot and my conclusion is that It's "coded" into human nature(genes) to feel good when helping others and doing all kinds of charity. The feeling that I get when I'm giving money for poor or helping someone comes somewhere deep inside and is pretty hard to explain.

So good acts may be done from selfishness and actually in this view of life everything but selfishness is hypocrisy and being good person is doing good things because you like it, not because you want some additional reward for it in this life or after death.

Don't get mad even though this is pretty provoking text. It's just my opinion at the moment and I'm completely open-hearted for other ideologys etc.

ph0bYx
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by ph0bYx »

What you, 7A69, are saying is to do good things for yourself, not because of any reward and I agree with you on that.
Doing something good and get a few rewards, like congrats, is a good feeling, but doing something good just for your sake, for your serenity is even a better feeling, because if you're doing something right / good and you know that you are, congrats are just words and nothing else.

I used to do stuff just for those words, but a friend of mine once told me: "Do it for higher reasons" and from that point I am.
I was doing it for the the words because I didn't have many gratitude expressed towards me and just wanted to feel how it's like. As I said it was a good feeling.. For a while.

Sorry if you didn't understand what I was mumbling, but I just woke up :D

rhysh
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by rhysh »

ive fed this homeless woman twice,and shes so fucking unpreciative and rude

thats why i dont help her anymore

i do more to please ppl around me then myself...why?

cos when whenver i do something for myself,it doesnt work,or satisfy

anyway i still help other ppl,lol dunno why i bother