anit war demostrations

...let us know what you think, free speech!
Rosie

anit war demostrations

Post by Rosie »

Nobody put anything about the war here yet. So I though, well... what the heck! I'm gonna add this anecdote:
I went to the art institute museum (Chicago) last weekend, and as I walked out I found a bunch of people with banners protesting against the war in iraq. I believe this takes place every Sunday. So anyway, I talked to one of the men there, he lost his son in iraq, it was so so sad hearing that and other things. They don't buy the unacceptable excuse that their kids died for a so called "necessary" sacrifice.
And perhaps that's good. Not to buy the media canned version of casualties of progress.
I was with two friends, no one of them cares about iraq, or any political issue for the matter. So I walked away with them - so much for my lefty commitment - thinking how disappointing our generation is.
The 20ish generation, so full of nonsense talk and "whatever" point of views.
I love my friends, we share interests (programming, webdesign, etc), but just being in front of the computer -and indifferent to all-, is that acceptable or just inescapable?
Rosie the Riveter

Necrix
The Hacker Wolf
The Hacker Wolf

Re: anit war demostrations

Post by Necrix »

Rosie wrote:but just being in front of the computer -and indifferent to all-, is that acceptable or just inescapable?
That's a VERY good question...one that I've asked myself once and forgot the answer :p
I do know, though, that one can't run away from reality.(Or can they? 8O )
I suppose what's "acceptable" is all in the view of the person who's asking what's acceptable. I mean...many people have many different views on many different things. Who's to say that you have to follow someone ELSE's views?...There's always room for your own opinion when deciding what's "acceptable".
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

Well, the fact that you think about such issues already shows that you´re interested in "reality". I don´t know your age, I´m 36 and believe me, my generation shows a lack of curiosity and knowledge too, it´s really frightening. "Which candidate will have to leave next on the "Big Brother"-show" is more important to most than "why is a war in Iraq?".
But luckily not all think that way, and luckily not all belive in the crap with which the media wants to manipulate us. And that is the point: Reality is about information, and if someone only listen to news brought by government-depending media his reality is a indoctrinated one.
Keep talking to people like you´ve done, they provide you the "real" reality, and keep asking questions! It sounds a little strange, but people that care are resposible for the ones that are too stupid to care.... :wink:

CommonStray
Forum Assassin
Forum Assassin

Post by CommonStray »

sup everyone...i have friends as we speak in Iraq, sad its true, all of them all signed up after 9/11 etc... all knew that War is coming all new war was here(when i say "here" i mean in general like during this time), but you know all made the choice to go, all knew what can and could happen, im not all for the war, but i cant protest it because my friend made a choice to go. If you really look at it, when 9/11 happened everybody wanted someone to take the fall for that, ALL Americans were pissed off and at the same time paranoid.

"This isnt a game, its the real-world and in the real world people die"
-Anti-Trust

I support our soldiers, because some of them soldiers are my friends and loved ones, I dislike the war because its made out to be one thing but really it concerns another. Hey, can anyone name one country that has a military base on United States soil?