bad_brain's peperoni thread...^^

...let us know what you think, free speech!
Pong18
Cyber Mushroom
Cyber Mushroom

Post by Pong18 »

yeah we really have hot chili here. so hot that only a chili will do for a cup of vinegar to be so hot... we call the hottest variety "Siling Labuyo". the smallest chili here is the hottest. its small but terrible.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

first harvest expected in about 6-7 weeks... :D

nice macro shot:

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

BB - that looks like you got a slice of heaven there! We have had lots of rain and stuff is starting to grow. I pulled off the first flower on my hot pepper plant.

:wink:
DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

yeah, we have a heatwave here at the moment, pretty annoying for me but real good for the plants... :) I also learned a lot from my first plants last year, for example to check for aphids every day especially when the first blossoms appear....so I was able to get rid of them this year before they could do any damage to the plants.. :D

p.s. after the first harvest I will start sending the seeds to you and the others that want some.. :)

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

Hey thanks! I look like I might have a massive sunflower plant, about 12-15ft tall. The stalk is already the size of a pop can. The strawberry season was helpful - the pagona 'dragons' ate strawberries like little monsters chewing raw meat! Since the season is over, I am trying mulberries from my tree on them.

:wink:
DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

MUAHAHAHAHA...... :twisted:

moudy
Technology Enthusiast
Technology Enthusiast

Post by moudy »

hehe B_B, Im a big fan of spices, i almost flood my meals with pepper to the extremes :wink:

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

if you want to I can also send you seeds of my peperonis moudy after the 1st harvest... :)

and heeeere come the latest pics, looks already pretty yummy, eh? :twisted:

I'm already curious about the small yellow ones (Numex Twilight), they seems to change colors often...from yellow, to purple, to red, to black, etc...:D

moudy
Technology Enthusiast
Technology Enthusiast

Post by moudy »

bad_brain wrote:I'm already curious about the small yellow ones (Numex Twilight), they seems to change colors often...from yellow, to purple, to red, to black, etc...:D
well that's interesting :wink:
and yeah B_B I would appreciate it if you can send me some seeds :D
that would be some kind of agricultural exchange between members :P
mahmoud_shihab@hotmail.com

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

moudy
We'll have to hit up the thai restuarants if you ever come by - the wife don't eat hot foods.

Well, I would take some pics - but I feel I got nothing to show yet. My hot pepper plant is looking pretty weak.
I do have a sun flower plant that is already 12 foot - but wtf - I can't eat sun flowers.
I got tomatos, regular peppers, eggplant and some huge pumpkins.

DNR
-

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

first harvest of the jalapenos:

:D

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

Man those look nice. BB you got a green thumb :lol: Tell me if they taste good and if they got any kick. Well kick for a jalapeno.

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

Nice! try this :
cut the 'penos in half, paste in creamcheese, and wrap in bacon. Throw it on the bar-be or stick it in the oven.

nice green thumb man!

DNR
-

moudy
Technology Enthusiast
Technology Enthusiast

Post by moudy »

just yesterday had a vegetarian pizza with EXTRA jalapeno :D
wow..., my lips went numb :lol: but I love this feeling 8)
mahmoud_shihab@hotmail.com

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

well, advanced chili weirdos like me could eat jalapenos in the morning cereals... :lol: I have eaten a few yesterday. they are hot, but not challenging at all. but I expected that, the italian ones ("lingua di fuoco") I will harvest next are supposed to be better, they should have the same level as thai chilis....but I am really curious about the chinese ones (they still need a while), they are supposed to be REALLY hot, just one level less than the Bhut Jolokia ones from India... :D

here are the italian ones, just have to wait a little until they become red:

and here are the "NuMex Twilight" ones, no idea how hot they will be, but they look really awesome: