I hate Freelance Sites

...let us know what you think, free speech!
maboroshi
Dr. Mab
Dr. Mab

I hate Freelance Sites

Post by maboroshi »

#BEGIN RANT#

I am getting pretty sick of freelancer sites like rent a coder, scriptlance etc. Why cause they under mine me and my education.

I have spent over 11 years learning coding web dev and more and even paying money to learn this stuff.

When I see a project proposing a 3 month term for under 100 dollars it makes me choke

I don't have a job maybe its cause my standards are to high. But imo if you hire some one to do work on a project and pay them less then minimum wage then you can GO FUCK YOURSELF

Sorry my two cents

#END RANT#

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

totally agree.

As much as I appreciate hackers from all over the world, I know the H1-b Vista (technology vista in the usa to allow foreigners to take a technical job in the USA, rather than train an US citizen to do the job) is what killed my job market here in the USA. The H1-b vista was only supposed to be temporary to allow US citizens/companies to hire technical labor for short term. Now, ten years later - its a system of cheap labor and only benefits the foreign worker. There is no real training of US citizens to replace the need for H1-b Vista workers - there is no motivation on the part of companies that hire cheap labor.

Not being racist, but this is my country and those jobs should be offered to americans first, not to the lowest bidder.

What am I to do? what country do I go to get the same benefit? - None.
If you are mexican, chinese, canadian, whatever - you should support your country - its not fair to take from my country, send money home, and perpetuate the cycle of job loss in my country. you are robbing the future of my country.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Post by computathug »

This is happening in all industries all over the world. No this is not a racist rant either as i am all for free trade but this here over steps the mark. What is hapening is the work is sent else where for cheap labour and even some cases for some well known companies like Primark are noted for using child labour. Some well known sports companies like Mitre have been reported to be doing the same.

This is only done so the Directors can maximize profits. Greedy fat cats exploiting the system and there is nothing we can do about it. Wages here are at an all time low as if you wont take the minimum wage there is always someone willing to do the job instead and often for less cash in hand. If someone is prepared to do a job they should be paid the same as everyone else and then the elimination process for vacancies would be based more on the right person for the job and not just because its cheaper and they can hire 2 people for the normal price of one.

What these people are doing is extorsion in my eyes. They are targetting people from countries where this amount of money maybe a months wages in some countries and this would be done in their spare time. This is all fine if the person employing is from the same country or similar in economical terms then that would be the going rate just as it would in any country.

Now if say the person offering the contract is from somewhere like Europe or any other developed country is using the misfortune of others for there own greed, then i only wish there was some way of stopping this. The payment should be made relevent to the country of the employer. This would also help other countries develop in a better fashion and would also stop the need for slave labour but as this has been happening for as long as time can remember, i dont think it will be stopping any time soon.

This is the way the government an other business owners get round their own laws of slavery and to also ignore the fact that this is still happening as these are often the people who are gaining in such activites.

Its good that people notice these things but its the reasons behind why that i am interested in :-k

DrVirus
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by DrVirus »

Well here is the problem. Fix this one and you got it all. The problem is $1=Rs.50. So $100=Rs.5000. More than enough to get my month going. Do everyone a favour just make sure only one currency runs in the world and what do a got ? A better world.

P.S. I am not an IBMer.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

personally I have never looked for a job on such sites....but ok, I had the luck of getting a good customer in the Miami media industry, and they know people which also know people, etc....so I get my jobs through word of mouth advertising.
on one side such sites might be good to get a quick job, but on the other side I also don't like them because they are bad for business in general. too many unskilled people there that are only out for some quick bucks, and they don't hesitate to promise everything to a customer only to get the job....because of this the customers often expect impossible things just because "someone said he can do it" (best example are the good old "rank 1 on google" promises), or the customers had deals with such people already which made them very distrustful because none of the promises have been kept.
most people I deal with had such bad experiences already, so at the start it's often very hard...because when you say "I can do that" they think "pff...he's most likely just trying to rip me off by making promises"....or when you say "no, this can't be done" they often think "pff...he's just too lazy, another one said he can do it".
and when I look at the prices some people demand for a job I can just roll my eyes, nobody can do a good website for 50 bucks for example....this can only be a crappy and nonpersonal site then. people offering such deals can only be greedy lamers that are only after the money....ok, of course I am after the money too, but I also want to be proud when I look at a site I created, and I want it to be unique.

lilrofl
Siliconoclast
Siliconoclast

Outsourcing

Post by lilrofl »

I don't like outsourcing, I have been outsourced a few times and it is not only bad for the economy, but also hell on the quality of labor. I'm not sure where to go from here... so I'll stop before I stop making sense... sleep time =)