Image from the Afghan war.

...let us know what you think, free speech!
Big-E
Administrator
Administrator

Image from the Afghan war.

Post by Big-E »

I found these images very enlightening, just reminds you about how lucky we are in the Western World.

http://digg.com/d1nhat

Check them out.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

great find man...

Big-E
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Big-E »

To me, it looks like hell on earth.
Dirty, scorched and stinky..
They need to get in, get out and quit fucking about.
You stirr a hive, and you get stung. The longer you stick around, the more you get stung.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

I can only hope they will treat the soldiers with PTSD better than they did with the gulf war veterans. seen "The War Tapes"? one of the greatest documentaries ever... http://thewartapes.com/trailer/

mystikblaze
Infinite Haze
Infinite Haze

Post by mystikblaze »

Last edited by mystikblaze on 21 Jun 2009, 08:22, edited 2 times in total.
Any fool can count the seeds in an apple. Only God can count all the apples in one seed. ~Robert H. Schuller
God is the greatest.

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

damn, must suck to live there :( poor people
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

Strange, I thought it to be a nice place. I enjoy the rugged type of lifestyle and thick culture. Hell subtract the soldiers and I would go visit perhaps stay for a bit.

Nice find i enjoyed seeing all pics but most the flowers :)

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

the landscape might look inviting, but you'll still end up dealing with people, lots of people that are tribal and lack education.
My POV comes from a friend, a Dean at a college, ex-mil spec ops. He went over to Iraq to help gov recover artifacts stolen from their museums. He cited mass corruption, tribalism, and just plain ignorance for the reason he left. Some people are going to be that way - thats all they understand.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

Big-E
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Big-E »

Correlating with those pictures is this music video by Apocalytpica - it`s scenes from a movie which is about the Afghan/Russian war..a movie I have been looking for with English subtitles but can't find it.

Lyecdevf
cyber Idi Amin
cyber Idi Amin

Post by Lyecdevf »

Afganistan is so beautiful. If you look at the first picture and 27 it really looks beautiful.
We will either find a way, or make one.
- Hannibal

mystikblaze
Infinite Haze
Infinite Haze

Post by mystikblaze »

Last edited by mystikblaze on 21 Jun 2009, 08:26, edited 1 time in total.
Any fool can count the seeds in an apple. Only God can count all the apples in one seed. ~Robert H. Schuller
God is the greatest.

Lyecdevf
cyber Idi Amin
cyber Idi Amin

Post by Lyecdevf »

mystikblaze wrote:If you think about it, anywhere in the world is beautiful from a sky view. Places always look different to me when I'm flying in the air(don't call me superman :lol: ).
I do not agree with that. If you were to fly over countries like Saudia Arabia, Kuwait...you would see only sand. I do not think that is beautiful. Also a view of endless forests does not look nice to me.

I gave some thought to what you said. Now lets say I showed you a picture of Sharon stone and told you she looks beautiful. Now you would say I presume, "if you think about it every woman looks beautiful." I guess every woman has some part of her body that looks beautiful but no other woman is Sharon Stone.

To be quite honest I do not see how I could hold a discussion with you. Let's say we would talk about car and if I showed you a picture of a Ferrari and said it looks beautiful than I presume you would say some thing like, "well every car looks beautiful." How than would I discuss cars with you? I think that your comments do not fit into the context of a discussion.
We will either find a way, or make one.
- Hannibal

mystikblaze
Infinite Haze
Infinite Haze

Post by mystikblaze »

Last edited by mystikblaze on 21 Jun 2009, 08:25, edited 1 time in total.
God is the greatest.

lilrofl
Siliconoclast
Siliconoclast

I'm Confused

Post by lilrofl »

mystikblaze wrote:holy shit...
I live in kuwait this is happening right next door to me.
I'm confused, these are pictures of Afghanistan... which I'm pretty sure is not next to Kuwait on modern maps. Also, maybe I'm just feeling particularly antagonistic tonight (all in good fun mind you) but I've flown over Kuwait, and Saudi Arabia... which, while rich they may be, are pretty much all desert. In fact I flew over Kuwait just three days ago (I know, I know... what gREaT timing) and it has about as much sand as the Atlantic has water.

No shite either... I have pictures.

mystikblaze
Infinite Haze
Infinite Haze

Post by mystikblaze »

Last edited by mystikblaze on 21 Jun 2009, 08:25, edited 1 time in total.
God is the greatest.