Pro/Am Video Game League(s)

...let us know what you think, free speech!
Stavros
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Pro/Am Video Game League(s)

Post by Stavros »

So, I don't know how much any of you keep up with or have played in a Professional or Amature league, but if any of you have heard of CAL (Cyberathelete Amature League) they've been shutdown for a while (at least the past month). I didn't find out until yesterday that they've were bought out by some United Emerates Arab investment company. I googled about it, but haven't come up with anything worth mentioning.

Anyway, I joined a "new" clan which is to say something of a re-branding of an old clan (most of the guys I know from my old clan with a few new characters). We're going to be playing in the open bracket, since we didn't make it into the tournament (which ends tomorrow) to see who gets to play in the Main, Invite or some other bracket I don't remember.

So I was wondering, have you/do you ever play(ed) in a league? Right now we're registered for a Built On Energy league. I've heard mixed views about it. If you have what league did you or do you play in?
Last edited by Stavros on 22 Apr 2009, 11:53, edited 1 time in total.

n3rd
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by n3rd »

I played in the League of Awesomeness :P

But then again there was only 1 spot available (A)
[img]http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/8009/userbar2k.png[/img]

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

what game(s) Stav? :-k

I am definitely one of the best engineers in Wolfenstein Enemy Territory, so I would surely fit into an e-sports league... 8)
but my behavior disqualifies me as player in a clan, I tend to heavily insult people that play in a lame way (camping, spawnkilling, etc.).... :lol:

Stavros
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post by Stavros »

Right now, BOE only has 3 games (Counter-Strike 1.6, Counter-Strike: Source and Call of Duty 4). Of course they're a new league (created late '07) so they aren't going to have many brackets or games. CAL had a bunch of games, don't remember what they were, but those 3 were a few of them.

My clan plays Counter-Strike: Source. I'mnNot really aware of all the other leagues (which is partly the reason I ask).

Edit: Oh yea, I neglected to mention that the first season starts in 2 or 3 weeks, so if you want to get in on BOE I'd be finding a clan and practicing within the next week.