Firing Range - Gun Topics

...let us know what you think, free speech!
Ghostface_Killah
forum buddy
forum buddy

Post by Ghostface_Killah »

Nice honor badges :D

mystikblaze
Infinite Haze
Infinite Haze

Post by mystikblaze »

Last edited by mystikblaze on 21 Jun 2009, 08:35, edited 1 time in total.
Any fool can count the seeds in an apple. Only God can count all the apples in one seed. ~Robert H. Schuller
God is the greatest.

moudy
Technology Enthusiast
Technology Enthusiast

Post by moudy »

DNR wrote:It'll zip through a bullet proof vest (IIa) front and back, and into the vest of the guy standing behind him
wow 8O
mahmoud_shihab@hotmail.com

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Post by computathug »

I would love to add some more to this post but i dnt think it is advisable for me to do so having a lifetime firearms ban. Guns are ilegal here but they are not hard to get hold of for a price. Here where i live the nearest city is known as gunchester and not its real name of Manchester. The problem with weapons are them getting into the wrong hands and here its not adults thats the majority in using and carrying them but the youth which are aged from 14 to around 22. Yes they must come from somewhere and there is obviously someone high up in the criminal world selling them to these people who know no better. Here if you have the money anything is available with the right connections. I can take myself to any part of the country and it would not be hard at all to lay your hands on something at quite short notice. When i was younger my fave would have been the sawed off shotgun. These are cheap to get hold of and the cartridges are easier to get hold of.

We have also had something over here called a one shot, i think they were called zappers in America. Basically it was a one shot and was just a tube with a firing pin made from the handle. It looked like a bicycle pump. These fired 2.2 high velocity bullets which would also go through a car door. Ideal for someone on a bike pulling along side there enemy!!

Still being a butcher and slaughter man have always preferred knives :lol:
Last edited by computathug on 16 May 2009, 17:09, edited 1 time in total.
The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose.
-- William Shakespeare, "The Merchant of Venice"
https://tshirt-memes.com

mystikblaze
Infinite Haze
Infinite Haze

Post by mystikblaze »

Last edited by mystikblaze on 21 Jun 2009, 08:35, edited 1 time in total.
Any fool can count the seeds in an apple. Only God can count all the apples in one seed. ~Robert H. Schuller
God is the greatest.

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

wow I misssed this thread. I know its a bit strange but I love the M1911A

By the way going to gun show next month to get some gear so look for me.

My kid shooting at the range. Got to start them early.

Peace

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

hey floodie, you know you can shoot my 1911 when we get together, put out boo-coo rounds baby! I see your lil gal is shooting a car-15/M4 converted with a 9mm kit.

Yo thug, we call those zipguns and I have made a few. One gun was a converted 12gauge Flare gun - you know for marine use. It was a straight pipe kind, you pull the knob and the end and release - Pow! Now, one day a kid said "hey let me try this 16 gauge shell (16 gauge will fit in a 12gauge barrel, if you tape it) I usually cut open 12 gauge shells and reduce the amount of powder and shot - so my 12gauge shells were underpowered. I told the kid "I don't think thats a good idea, but here you go!" We set up a 1" plywood up against a big tree, and I stood behind him like 10 feet. He lets the knob fly and BOOM! He was running around in circles, holding his hand, I thought the flare gun blew up, so I looked on the ground for it. I found it intact, so I looked at him - he broke his thumb, no open wounds though. The plywood had a nice 8" hole chewed by birdshot, and the tree suffered a greivious wound of 12" chunck out of it. The gun still worked fine, he blamed it on me for his mom, and I didn't care, I told him not to do it :lol:

Zipguns can be any caliber, what ever pipe you can find that will fit a bullet and screw and end cap on will work. If you can layer the pipe by sliding a nother pipe over it or, wrapping it in fiberglass, it'll protect you from a burst pipe. I made one out of .22 and 9mm. One could be fired without a spring, by slapping the end of the pipe. You can make a double barreled weapon so you have two shots!

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

Explosives are graded on speed of detonation, Black powder is considered a low order bang, while plastic explosives are called high order explosives. high order explosives detonate so quickly, it creates a shock wave. Low order explosives are more like over-pressure bombs, gas pressure builds up until the container fails. Dynamite, ANFO, and plastic explosives require a primary explosive to set off the chemical reaction in the explosive. Merely sticking a fuse in plastic explosive or even shooting at it will not make it work. The primary explosive is called a squib or detonator. These are hard to make, as they have to be an high order (or very high order) explosive, they are sensitive to shock, and can blow up spontaneously when you try to mix the chemicals needed. At best you can disassemble the primers for firearms (mercury fulminate is an ingredient in detonators), but this is dangerous.

Never work with bombs unless you know everything about what you handle, black powder is friction sensitive, while ANFO is not. Screwing a pipe cap with a little bit of blackpower on them is like striking a matchhead. Black powder charges should be packaged in plastic bags before inserting into a metal bomb. Bombs with electrical triggers can prematurely detonate by ESD, EMI, RFI - thus electrical fuses should not be set in the bomb until you are ready.

Homemade FlashBangs

Use 35mm film canisters or pill bottles - must be plastic. Pre-Drill one hole the size of your fuze (cannon hobby fuse), insert fuse. Now Fill halfway with a mix of black powder and magnesium powder (more blackpowder than magnesium powder) if no mag powder, thats fine - you'll have a bang and smoke.
You only need to fill the canister halfway, more powder does NOT mean more Bang! You will likely have fire risks with too much powder.
Next pack wadding to fill the space left in the bottle.
Wrap the bottle with electrical tape, you'll wrap it until its thick, .25 inch to 3/8ths of an inch. The compression of burning gases is what makes the BOOM!
The fuse can be setup with a pull device made out of a book of matches, take one strip of matches and wrap it around the fuse, secure it by tape, but leave the match heads exposed. You wrap the matchbook cover - with the striker strip inside, around the matches. When you pull the matchbook cover off - it rubs the matches and lights the fuse.

When this blows up, it can be mostly harmless because the casing usually stays in one peice and doesn't hurt much when it flies around. Reasonable charge for this type bomb would only be about 7 to 10 tablespoons of powder.

You can create a boobytrap with the same device (unwanted intruder opens a door) replace the fuse with a hobby electric rocket ignitor. You can now trigger this electrically via switches, buttons, and a 9-volt battery. You can take apart a disposable camera with a Flash, use the flash mechanism as your electrical fuse, a small gauge wire can bridge the gap on the ends of the wires disconnected from the strobe (the capacitor wires) When the 'flash' is triggered, the capacitor voltage will burn the small gauge wire, igniting the powder.

You can make a dye bomb, the bottle can have clothes dye packed into it, and that end of the bomb not taped as tightly as the rest of the bottle so the end blows out, the end with the dye powder.

The best mixture for these low/medium velocity bombs is black powder and potassium Chlorate. Potassium Chlorate is an oxidizer - on burning it creates oxygen - hence it gives black powder more oxygen to burn faster.
Black powder blows up bombs at 1,000 fps, so I estimate it boosts it at leat by 40%. Dynamite blows up around 16,000fps, and plastic explosives around 22,000 fps. The air movement from the pressure of 22,000fps will disintergrate you with no shrapnel needed.

You can make bombs out of cast iron pipe fittings if you need a grenade type weapon. There are plenty of instructions to make ANFO and thats the next step up for homemade bombers. ANFO requires a primary explosive. There are still states that have lax laws on dynamite - it is known that these dynamite sticks have microdisks in them - after the explosion these microdisk are particles with the manufacture, date, lot #, serial numbers on them that can be seen under a microscope.

Posession of the materials, unassembled, is a criminal offense - it doesn't matter if you make the above as a 'homemade firecracker'.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

Kirk
suck-o enforcer
suck-o enforcer

Post by Kirk »

your a smart motherf**ker. I'm really impressed by how many topics you can speak intelligently on.

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Post by computathug »

Yeah them are em DNR, Zipguns. The ones we were getting were not on a spring either. It was a friend that was making these and it was a visit to detroit where he learned how to do this from a cousin of his.

I really would like to get more involved in this topic but i feel it in my best interests to read from the sidelines :lol:

Great read guys :wink:
The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose.
-- William Shakespeare, "The Merchant of Venice"
https://tshirt-memes.com

Stavros
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post by Stavros »

I've always liked the way the 1911 looked. It was always the most aesthetically pleasing pistol I've seen. I've never really been the gun enthusiaist, but I've said when I move out I'm going to buy one. The FN FiveseveN was one of those candidates. Not really looking at a high caliber pistols.

On another note, I did have an idea to build a working replica Walther W2000 (either .308 or .300 Winchester). I like that rifle. I know the price is in the $60,000 range since about 200 were made. Of course that probably won't happen for a while. I did manage to find the manual online in German. If I can get that translated (babelfish did a terrible job) I would have more to go on.

Kirk
suck-o enforcer
suck-o enforcer

Post by Kirk »

This is the gun I want. It's a paintball sentry gun. I'm not allowed to have a real gun anymore so this one will have to do.

Pong18
Cyber Mushroom
Cyber Mushroom

Post by Pong18 »

i like to buy one of this. the Barrett M107 .50 Caliber Sniper Rifle[/img]

moudy
Technology Enthusiast
Technology Enthusiast

Post by moudy »

wow wow wow :D
Im amazed by the power of this rifle !
it can shoot down a helicopter !
mahmoud_shihab@hotmail.com

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

From left to right: 7.62x51 (for scale), .300 Winchester Magnum, .338 Lapua Magnum, .375 CheyTac, .408 CheyTac, .416 Barrett, .460 Steyr, .50 BMG A-MAX

the .50 has it own problems for long range shooting. Beyond the .50 you can get up to a 20mm rifle. These are called multipurpose rifles - not sniper rifles.

DNR
-