I THINK I AM CRAZY, please read carefully - Experiment

...let us know what you think, free speech!
floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

I THINK I AM CRAZY, please read carefully - Experiment

Post by floodhound2 »

Lately I have had some problems. This is hard for me to write so I respect that you post kindly and tell me what you think.

I have since started to hear voices in my head, or better I think I feel a being in my mind. I don't hear the voice so to speak like you hear a dog barking, but Its there. I call on the voices to seek my day to day dissension making and personality traits. At times the voices may tell me to kill people, or to help people, and to do as the voice commands. Its a heavy burden and at times I ignore the voice only to feel guilty doing so. I will admit that I talk out loud to the voice and ask it questions, ask it things that I am uncertain about. It is some thing that bothers me deeply and I need to know what to do? Should I see a doctor?
Last edited by floodhound2 on 09 Jun 2009, 06:06, edited 1 time in total.

ph0bYx
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by ph0bYx »

There are no other voices in your head besides your own, trust me on that. You THINK that there is another being in your head so much that your mind has accepted that illusion and treats it as true, that's the power of suggestion. Just ignore it because there isn't anything there. Thinking about it won't do you any good.
I recommend that you to read a little about placebo and nocebo, you'll see how powerful the mind is even when it's just an illusion.

I had something similar, I used to think that my brain wasn't a part of me. I.e. if I feel pain I could tell to the brain to stop it, it's silly. The pain wouldn't stop them, but it's would become less painful. I like the idea of telling the brain what to do or not to do, what to feel and similar. But I know now that it's just an illusion, so I do it just for fun.

Bottom line is, there's nothing wrong with you, a LOT of people have the similar or same problems just that they don't want to tell it out loud because they think they're crazy, which they're not. The mind is just playing tricks on you, plain illusions. The voices seem more realistic as your mind is more creative, but they're not real and when you realize and accept that fact you'll just laugh the next time you hear them ;)

moudy
Technology Enthusiast
Technology Enthusiast

Re: I THINK I AM CRAZY, please read carefully

Post by moudy »

At times the burden of life and living get really bad, and we tend to deviate from the norm, by talking to people or voices that we assume they exist... This is only a mechanism that we make to get our selves rid unintentionally of the burdens that we are facing.
I as a nurse, have went over some thing called psychiatry in nursing and have seen such cases... The fact that you are talking about this issue here on the boards is some thing good, which means that u admit and are willing to correct any problem that you have, and thus personal effort that you apply will make a difference.
floodhound2 wrote:Should I see a doctor?
well there is no shame in seeing a doctor, and if it reaches to an extent that you cannot tolerate the pressure, then yes, seeing a doctor is some thing beneficial.
mahmoud_shihab@hotmail.com

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

well, people that are REALLY crazy don't think "I might be crazy", but when you hear voices you really should see a doctor, it is a clear sign that something "isn't working properly". it might be caused by a lot of stress, but actually it is the job of the doctor to find out what is going on....

so if the voices are not the usual "talking to myself" ones and are not under your control you MUST visit a doctor, the danger that it becomes worse is too high to wait. better the doc says "nah, nothing serious, just take some days off and relax" than taking the risk....it's the same for all health problems: the sooner they are checked and treated the better.

so: please visit a doc asap... :wink:

moudy
Technology Enthusiast
Technology Enthusiast

Post by moudy »

bad_brain wrote:....it's the same for all health problems: the sooner they are checked and treated the better.
b_b this it the golden phrase of all health sciences :wink:

mystikblaze
Infinite Haze
Infinite Haze

Post by mystikblaze »

How long have you been hearing this voice in your head? Are you medicated? Do you drink or consume narcotics? Have you went through a crisis where this voice was created after it?
Any fool can count the seeds in an apple. Only God can count all the apples in one seed. ~Robert H. Schuller
God is the greatest.

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

Ok this backfired on me. Sorry, I was trying to prove a point and was going to say that if you replace the word "voice "with god would you still think I was crazy.

This was a post to prove that religion is crazy but I did it all wrong. My apologies. I need to be more careful about how I conduct experiments. I just strongly believe that man needs to remove religion to evolve as a species.

Please forgive me.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

ooohhh......dammit, this was a good one.... :-k
the replies you got still made the point you wanted to prove...

moudy
Technology Enthusiast
Technology Enthusiast

Post by moudy »

mmmmm :roll:

moudy
Technology Enthusiast
Technology Enthusiast

Post by moudy »

floodhound2 wrote:My apologies. I need to be more careful about how I conduct experiments.

well it was a bit harsh... 8O

floodhound2 wrote:I just strongly believe that man needs to remove religion to evolve as a species.

All references point out that mankind was religious in different ways since his existence... Man evolved perfectly well since that time till our day...
What makes it different right now for man to leave his religion ? :roll:
Man is going to evolve any way... A sense of belief is some thing inevitable, it clearly differentiates us from other species that cant think of abstract.

ph0bYx
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by ph0bYx »

Religion is also a form of placebo, imo ;)
Next time when you do experiments like this, tell that it's a friend of yours involved not you, don't let people worry for nothing...

n3rd
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by n3rd »

floodhound2 wrote:
Ok this backfired on me. Sorry, I was trying to prove a point and was going to say that if you replace the word "voice "with god would you still think I was crazy.

This was a post to prove that religion is crazy but I did it all wrong. My apologies. I need to be more careful about how I conduct experiments. I just strongly believe that man needs to remove religion to evolve as a species.

Please forgive me.
I knew, cus I am god himself :) and your right, people should stop believing in god ^^ they seriously expect way to much from me.
[img]http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/8009/userbar2k.png[/img]

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

Because teaching something that is false is slowing our progression as a species. We no longer teach our children that the world is flat, that the earth is the center of the universe, that a woman has one less rib than a man. I can make a long list regarding the false statements in all religions. This is because I am educated and not able to be brain washed. Every event has a logical explanation.

The reality is that religion was spawned when man was not educated (the world was flat), we no know that science and math contains the truth so why teach something that makes people speak in tongue, talk to themselves and believe in things that are false. Governments are ran by theses people and they kill if you disagree with there beliefs.

Its simple religion is big business and needs to be shut down.

ph0bYx
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by ph0bYx »

I also believe that religion is just a big business, but there are people who do find strength and conform in God.

mystikblaze
Infinite Haze
Infinite Haze

Post by mystikblaze »

Thank god I was beginning to think you were a crazy for a minute there.

Where would we be without religion? We would have no morals or values. There would be a lot more hurt in the world then there already is. Religion is here for a reason. Everything happens for a reason. There will always be religion it's not going anywhere.
Any fool can count the seeds in an apple. Only God can count all the apples in one seed. ~Robert H. Schuller
God is the greatest.