I THINK I AM CRAZY, please read carefully - Experiment

...let us know what you think, free speech!
Lundis
Distorter of Reality
Distorter of Reality

Post by Lundis »

mystikblaze wrote: Where would we be without religion? We would have no morals or values.
This is a common argument and I think it's pure bullshit... Who created religions? Humans did. Humans created morals and passed them on to their children. Then they were included in texts like the bible and voila it spread quickly. The problem now is that these texts can't change, because "god made them". Morals are relative, and relative things can always get better, but today religion is like a roadblock, desperately trying to stop the moral evolution, preventing us from improving the place. Should we just stop thinking and follow some old values? or should we scrap our limits and improve our morals? I'm all for the latter.

The thing I find worst about religions is that they all think they are in possession of the absolute truth. The only absolute truth I believe in is that everything except for absolute zero is relative.

n3rd
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by n3rd »

religion didnt spread, it got forced on to people (crusades ne 1)
[img]http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/8009/userbar2k.png[/img]

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

well, we have to make a difference between "religion" and being spiritual.
believing in something is good when it makes you a better human and nobody is harmed. the problem with organized religions is that they often try to rule life in every aspect and don't respect people with different beliefs.
whenever something like a book or a person is involved that is telling the "absolute truth" it becomes dangerous because it means "turn off your own mind and do what we say".

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

people can make their own decisions. But, without some sort of guidelines, people will then make decisions based on themselves.

bibles to me are books of law. The bible was once so revered, it was used as the basis for creating law and order in the USA.

Faith and spirituality is a personal struggle. If you have nothing to base your faith and spirituality on, except yourself - you really don't have it then. Faith is a hope or promise that good things will happen, because someone else out there has the same spirituality, will come to help.

If anything, think the bibles were at least written by wise men to give insight to people. The bible does offer wisdom for people in today's times, how do deal with hate, envy, racism, how to conduct a proper marriage, raise a family, and build a community of like-minded people.

Lastly, don't burn your bridges - just about every person that died in front of me - asked if they would have forgiveness, if they would go to hell or heaven. At the 11th hour, you'll wish you were a well-balanced, educated person.

What is the result of bible study and respect of religion? I am the result - I act the way I think my Lord would want. What you enjoy in me, is what is in my heart. Some of the greatest things I ever did, was done through following my heart.

This is where everyone made their mistakes - You don't think and act faithfully in the brain - you feel it in the heart.

Open the eyes of your heart.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

mystikblaze
Infinite Haze
Infinite Haze

Post by mystikblaze »

Lundis wrote: This is a common argument and I think it's pure bullshit... Who created religions? Humans did. Humans created morals and passed them on to their children. Then they were included in texts like the bible and voila it spread quickly. The problem now is that these texts can't change, because "god made them". Morals are relative, and relative things can always get better, but today religion is like a roadblock, desperately trying to stop the moral evolution, preventing us from improving the place. Should we just stop thinking and follow some old values? or should we scrap our limits and improve our morals? I'm all for the latter.

The thing I find worst about religions is that they all think they are in possession of the absolute truth. The only absolute truth I believe in is that everything except for absolute zero is relative.
Humans indeed created "some" religions, not all. How stupid would it be to say a human created Islam as a religion or Christianity as a religion ? Book's I can see being created but not a religion. Jesus was in body form therefore your right he was human but those are god's word past down into the bible. The bible was stolen by the jews and altered, over time progression it has been altered by other humans. So in a sense you are right with "human creation's" but you need to be more specific on what subjects your arguments pertain to.

With such a complex world around us, how would there not be a god? For example let's say a computer is a world, we were to find it and say nobody created this it just appeared. A computer has a creator being a human. A computer would never just appear without a creator just like a world would never appear without a creator.

The only way some religious books would change is if another messenger was sent down to us. I'm not god, god is the greatest. Thus, I do not have all the answers for you. You have to have faith brother. Things are set in position for a reason. You as a human were created to have your own opinion therefore I respect that. Do not try to change god's words. That is just evil.

Look at the human evolution, are you saying we haven't improved since a religious book was created? Are you okay? Can you see the changes from every century in the past? Humans are all for the latter and have been with religions. Who's to say we can't improve because of a religion? If anything a religion makes us better. Do you have a religion?

Maybe you need to get out more or study more because there has already been a latter of evolution in terms of creating a religion, I'm going off your words. Scientology was created by man. Don't be mad at religions that have been around for over a hundred years. Be mad at the humans creating such ridiculous religions that don't have your insight in mind. There's over a 100 religions on this planet earth. If your really that upset why don't you create your own religion and be happy?
Any fool can count the seeds in an apple. Only God can count all the apples in one seed. ~Robert H. Schuller
God is the greatest.

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

mystikblaze wrote: Maybe you need to get out more or study more because there has already been a latter of evolution in terms of creating a religion, I'm going off your words. Scientology was created by man. Don't be mad at religions that have been around for over a hundred years. Be mad at the humans creating such ridiculous religions that don't have your insight in mind. There's over a 100 religions on this planet earth. If your really that upset why don't you create your own religion and be happy?
Scientology is a joke like all religions. Look people ask me to believe that when I die I am to go someplace. How do they know. There is no proof. Jesus walked the earth but there is no proof. There is proof in science and this is not Scientology by the way. Math shows how the universe was created all the up to a second or so. Why would I not believe in math. It prooves more arguments than all religions combined.

My argument is that mankind must remove all prehistoric ideas like religion, a flat world, people walking on water, spells, magic, profits, dragons, and any other old non-educated ideas.

Being in tune with your self and the universe is much more acceptable concept to me but not a GOD, BUDDHA, WITCH, ALIEN, PROPHETS, MOHAMMAD.

Wars were all started because of religions. Remove religion and man will evolve to great heights.

Lundis
Distorter of Reality
Distorter of Reality

Post by Lundis »

mystikblaze wrote: If your really that upset why don't you create your own religion and be happy?
Yeah that's what I'm doing, but it's not something you do in just a few years. And I never said I'm an atheist, I believe that someone created the big bang and planned this whole world. I actually believe we live inside a computer-like program. But who is running it? and are they also inside a computer-like program? There aren't answers to these questions. I believe there is only one path for everything. For now I think that the creator does not interfere, but I'm not completely certain. The one thing my religion will have is that it never denies the truth and that it'll change accordingly if something is proved to be false.

Jesus might or might not have been sent by the creator, I'm not taking a stance in that, because I have no idea. He could also have been a very wise guy who spent most of his life thinking "what kind of religion should I create so that the world moves in the best direction from now on?". I don't see how a very intelligent charismatic pleasant man couldn't pull it off. And his messages certainly are better than those you find elsewhere.

As for Islam, I think it's rather obvious that Muhammad made it up by himself. He studied religions and then got so into it that he thought he heard god tell him how it should be. He even made the holy war shit to spread it. Even today people get these revelations, like how the world will end year xxxx and then it doesn't happen and they postpone it. Like planet X...

edit: I just realized that Jesus could very well have been sent without runtime-interference... and voila my religion took another step forward :p

mystikblaze
Infinite Haze
Infinite Haze

Post by mystikblaze »

floodhound2 wrote:
Scientology is a joke like all religions. Look people ask me to believe that when I die I am to go someplace. How do they know. There is no proof. Jesus walked the earth but there is no proof. There is proof in science and this is not Scientology by the way. Math shows how the universe was created all the up to a second or so. Why would I not believe in math. It prooves more arguments than all religions combined.

Wars were all started because of religions. Remove religion and man will evolve to great heights.
Lundis wrote:
As for Islam, I think it's rather obvious that Muhammad made it up by himself. He studied religions and then got so into it that he thought he heard god tell him how it should be. He even made the holy war shit to spread it.
Certain religions are not a joke what is a joke is some of the people who claim a religion and partake in sins. I'm afraid I do not have all the answers for you. What you need to do is pick a religion stick with it and have faith. The outcome from that would be greater than any man made invention. If your really gonna sit there and think humans just popped up as part of the revolution speaking from your perspective of thinking "there is no god" then your crazy. Human's did not just pop up out of no where they were created and the creator is god. The government is what has you by the balls realize that, don't be mad at god.
Any fool can count the seeds in an apple. Only God can count all the apples in one seed. ~Robert H. Schuller
God is the greatest.

moudy
Technology Enthusiast
Technology Enthusiast

Post by moudy »

A reply for every person who wrote in this thread...
Those who are planning too...
Please
One of the reasons why suck-o is power is the fact it has people from all over the world.. with DIFFERENT views...
No one here wants to oblige the other... and this is how we build a powerful community. :)
mahmoud_shihab@hotmail.com

Big-E
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Big-E »

On the topic of religion, these are my thoughts:

All religion has good principles, and great guidelines to follow. ONLY when taken to the extremes is it then a bad thing, not only does this pertain to religion, but essentially any ideas - you can even including hacking on the list, along with political ideologies...etc.

It is not what religion stands for, it`s but the extremes it is brought to that make it a bad thing. "Killing in the name ... ___ "

Live life not to hurt others, or condemn others for their beliefs. Instead respect them for who they are, and what they stand for so as long as they do no harm to others. If you possess the personal restraint to abstain from alcohol, abstain from sex, or even pig meat due to your religion; those are all delicious things that most people would indulge themselves in when given the opportunity, and for that, I respect you.

Faith is essential, to not believe is to give up.

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

BTW...

You are a fucking idiot because you haven't brought your level of thinking to a higher plane. To be so smug and certain that all this was the creation of a fucked up human being is just moronic.

It is a higher level of being, to try to apply human thinking to God-like thinking is so restrictive. You are going to miss the entire point of your very own existance.

Do not dismiss my God so easily. Do not put yourself above my God, because I know you couldn't even begin to measure up to Him.

Go pray to your idols.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

n3rd
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by n3rd »

DNR wrote:Do not put yourself above my God, because I know you couldn't even begin to measure up to Him.

Go pray to your idols.

DNR
I did not know u could use a measuring stick on something that is not solid :P :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
[img]http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/8009/userbar2k.png[/img]

Stavros
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post by Stavros »

MysticBlaze
The bible was stolen by the jews and altered, over time progression it has been altered by other humans.
Who told you this? Where did you get this alternative history?

The bible as we know it was canonized at the Council of Nicea in what is now current day Iznik, Turkey. This laid the foundation for the founding of the following Christian orthodoxes: Eastern Orthodoxy, Oriental Orthodoxy, Assyrian Church of the East, and Roman Catholicism. Your main Protestant sects are the result of schisms in Catholic views and previous Protestant sects. They are essentially after thoughts.

There the five Books of Moses (or Pentatauch) Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus and Deuteronomy in English. They were and still are the founding laws of Judaism. They laid the foundation for the Old Testament for what we now know as The Bible.

You're right about people manipulating the text. I was reading Jesus Interrupted and the author made a comment about minimizing and/or completely disregarding Mary Magdalene's role in the New Testament either as a political or sexist statement (or rather lack there of). Other books that are not considered canon (Book Of Mary; Book of Judas) teach radically different than the canonized New Testament. In the Book of Mary, Mary was the wife of Jesus. In BOJ, it's taught that hell is like prison. You spend x amount of whatever is the human equivalent of years in hell and then released and granted permission to heaven.

Judaism was not founded before Christianity. Christianity is an extension of Judaism.

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

mystikblaze wrote: Certain religions are not a joke what is a joke is some of the people who claim a religion and partake in sins. I'm afraid I do not have all the answers for you. What you need to do is pick a religion stick with it and have faith. The outcome from that would be greater than any man made invention. If your really gonna sit there and think humans just popped up as part of the revolution speaking from your perspective of thinking "there is no god" then your crazy. Human's did not just pop up out of no where they were created and the creator is god. The government is what has you by the balls realize that, don't be mad at god.
In my opinion they are all a joke "Religions every one of them". To walk around believing that some higher being put you here is crazy.

The reality is in the science - we evolved from the depths of the earth. We came from the stars not a being. Its the purest form of energy can not be created or destroyed just taking a different form that is all it is. Energy is everything including your thoughts, feelings, appearance, all your scenes can detect some for of an energy or another.

I can not be brain washed so easily and allow some prehistoric ideology to sucker me into believing that there is a better place when its all just a different form of energy.
Last edited by floodhound2 on 09 Jun 2009, 18:10, edited 1 time in total.

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

DNR wrote:BTW...

You are a fucking idiot because you haven't brought your level of thinking to a higher plane. To be so smug and certain that all this was the creation of a fucked up human being is just moronic.

It is a higher level of being, to try to apply human thinking to God-like thinking is so restrictive. You are going to miss the entire point of your very own existance.

Do not dismiss my God so easily. Do not put yourself above my God, because I know you couldn't even begin to measure up to Him.

Go pray to your idols.

DNR
My good friend DNR,

I chuckle at this notion that I have not brought my level of thinking to a higher plane. This is not the case in my life, for fuck sakes I dug in the depths of religion to the point of placing me in a hospital. I came to realize that I can not settle on the notion that a"being / God" created all that "is".

It seems simpler to just believe that there is a GOD than to keep asking questions, so you and others simply believe as if to quit! I ask why not question and explore the world without some book trying to tell you all the answers?

I believe that man will continue to answer questions but for every one answered more will be brought out. Its a fact of life and the mystery that keeps life perpetuating. Without a questions then why live!

Second:
I am not putting myself above your god I am simply stating a fact that there is no god Its all energy in my mind. Why must I worship something that is not real?