marijuana upgrade 2.0

...let us know what you think, free speech!
computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Post by computathug »

What about all the medicinal use that it can be used for. If this is what people will think by reading a government report which is obviously biased then why would so many people with MI, MS and Parkinson disease prefer to smoke or eat cannabis than take the prescribed medicine.

I would like to discuss this more but have had a few problems this morning but will get back to replying a bit more later.

Government propaganda is what i call it!!
The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose.
-- William Shakespeare, "The Merchant of Venice"
https://tshirt-memes.com

n3rd
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by n3rd »

actually grass, is good for the education ;) it lets people take their exams to a new level :P
[img]http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/8009/userbar2k.png[/img]

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

meh, I am pro-marijuana. I think Alcohol is bad and should be restricted more. Besides harmless recreational use, it has been proven to aid sick people.
I do believe in personal experimentation of certain drugs, and I know everyone has their own beliefs on other drugs. Drug use can be spiritual, medicinal, and mind-expanding.
Just like some people should not drink (they are stupid), some should not use drugs. Few people can moderate their use to have a healthy, purposeful, productive life.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

moudy
Technology Enthusiast
Technology Enthusiast

Post by moudy »

Well im glad that ppl here respect each other's opinions...
In my opinion, I think that every thing that alters the functionning of the brain ( alcohol, drugs, etc etc ) should not be used at all by an ordinary indivisual(s), coz almost 90% of the times this will und up in addiction and afterwards abuse of the material, which will resulut in a non-healthy community.
But in case of medication usage in the health feild, as long as the drug is being used under the supervision of a health care giver ( nurse, physician... ) then yes its fine, and acceptable :wink:
mahmoud_shihab@hotmail.com

moudy
Technology Enthusiast
Technology Enthusiast

Post by moudy »

mystikblaze wrote:Not only do you have your bud, chronic, dro, haze, kush, pot, green, "grass :lol: ", mersh, reggie, marijuana in different color variations being abused but also, drugs that are legal. Drugs in pill formation that are legal are being abused as well.
In our hospital, drugs of abuse are locked and their usage is monitored under strict rules, and every shift a nurse has to check that every thing is in place in the narcotics closet, plus check the signatures to make sure that nothing is missing.
I would really like to know about you hospital DNR... How are narcotics stored ?

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

@mystic - Lay off the anti-america retoric - its lame "Only in america!" Every country has its problems.

@moudy
Check out "Pyxis" - the old way required two nurses, one to witness, the other to draw the meds. It didn't work because some nurses would not wait for a witness, and just had someone sign off on it.
The pyxis is password and thumbprint to login. Accessing a panel for a patient's meds triggers the computer.
You still have a problem with waste and partial meds.
The med room also requires a code to enter. A pharmacy tech walks around the hospital resupplying the pyxis as the computer tells them to.
Some hospitals are using barcode to link in to a computer - this is bad as I have seen errors due to the WRONG barcode on the wrong bottle. There was a incident in the news about Heparin overdose - the bottle looks the same for a regular dose heparin and a higher dose vial.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

moudy
Technology Enthusiast
Technology Enthusiast

Post by moudy »

well DNR here @ our hospital we still have the old way of dealing with medications, we manually do every thing... 8O
On one floor as far as I know they started working with a fax machine to call the pharmacy and order a medication. But on other floors, you have to call the pharmacy and wait for the medication to come...
Unfortunately our hospital is still not a paperless hospital ( although we have the AS400 ) we still chart, and we are slowly trying to change into fully being dependent on a Hospital Management System H.M.S. ( which include Nursing Informatics System N.I.S. Medical Informatics System M.I.S. and Laboratory Information System L.I.S. and more )... but its not working yet :lol:

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

moudy - yea when I first started we had paper charts. Now we can order, track, and show results on meds, radiology, etc. The systemwide software for the entire system cost over $200 million USD! The system is graphical with check boxes, forms, and dictation. It is nice because it now provides real-time results to anyone that access the network - no more missing order or critical results because it wasn't in the 'chart'. Xrays and MRI results can be viewed online - no need for the film. The system also can prevent errors by catching mistakes like ordering meds that conflict with current meds, or suggesting care plans for certain medical conditions charted.
While the pharmacy is indeed located in its own unit - all the units have a pharmacy room - so most of the popular or ordered meds for the patient is located on the floors. Orders for pharmacy is still sent by fax - apparently easier than checking a form on the computer network.

We still use paper charting as the fail-safe.

DNR
-

Stavros
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post by Stavros »

I don't really know anything about hospital networks, but is the network that services all that information an intranet or can it be accessed from the web? Do you know how the network is secured?

moudy
Technology Enthusiast
Technology Enthusiast

Post by moudy »

well, I wish that our hospital reaches such a standard one day... But that will take a loOoOoOoOoOong loOoOoOoOoOong time :lol:
Although the nurses in my hospital are well trained not make any error in their work, but some times, you know, errors happen...
To add more on what I said, the nurses here have a high burn out, because of the tedious work, and nothing is practically being done to correct this, only some patching here and there by nurse managers who come up with not so long lived ideas.
I dunno how the situation is going in my hospital, but i dream one day that i become such a powerful sys-admin who can one day change all this to a paperless hospital :roll: Only a dream though :lol:

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

Hey stav, I can discuss that in PM.

DNR
-