would you... ?

...let us know what you think, free speech!

would you tell, or like ppl to know that you are a hacker ?

yes
5%
no
74%
im neutral about it
21%

Total votes: 19

moudy
Technology Enthusiast
Technology Enthusiast

would you... ?

Post by moudy »

I've been thinking of this question for a while, and I was curious to know what the community here think about this question... And if you don't mind explaining your self would be good too :)
mahmoud_shihab@hotmail.com

ph0bYx
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by ph0bYx »

I never consider myself a hacker in real life. Even if I learn a lot about... let's say computer security I would consider myself an security enthusiast or an expert rather than hacker, since the people are ignorant and would consider me a computer criminal...

moudy
Technology Enthusiast
Technology Enthusiast

Post by moudy »

yes phobyx, I actually think the same way as you do, Although i might be hacker one day, but till now I'm still a beginner and trying to learn new stuff.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

yep, some criminals and the media gave the term "hacker" a bad name...tell a customer you're a hacker and he will never allow you to touch his computer again.. :lol:
"computer expert with focus on security" sounds much better... :wink:

moudy
Technology Enthusiast
Technology Enthusiast

Post by moudy »

bad_brain wrote:yep, some criminals and the media gave the term "hacker" a bad name...tell a customer you're a hacker and he will never allow you to touch his computer again.. :lol:
hahaha LOL, I can imagine the face of that customer when who knows the vendor is a hacker 8O :P
bad_brain wrote:"computer expert with focus on security" sounds much better... :wink:
I think that would be much more respected by the community. :roll:

moudy
Technology Enthusiast
Technology Enthusiast

Post by moudy »

well, i disagree with you on one point p4inl0v3r:
I think the sales man will be shocked, but at the end who cares, as long as the sales man makes some bucks, I don't think he gives a damn what the computer is intended for... unless the hacker is planning to hack that merchant's business site, that's some thing different :lol:

skip
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by skip »

bad_brain wrote:"computer expert with focus on security" sounds much better... :wink:
yup. :D
moudy wrote:unless the hacker is planning to hack that merchant's business site, that's some thing different :lol:
like changing all them pricelist down to the lowest price and even the black market couldnt match it. :lol:
Image Image Image

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

just remembered a nice example...

when I visited a buddy I stood in his computer room alone and next to the computer there was an open note book (a paper one I mean ^^) and in big red letters there was something written like:
router password:
blahblah
when I left him later in the evening I said "oh, btw, "blahblah" is a bad password".... :lol:
the fun part was that it was impossible to convince him that I have simple seen it in his open note book....for him it was absolutely clear that I have "hacked his computer"...it took months until I was allowed again to use his computer when he was not in the room.. :lol:

3XTORTION

Post by 3XTORTION »

Wow ! he sure is a smart guy lol .A simple example like yours is that im not allowed to touch any computer in school as i once installed a simple virus(yea its lame so dont flame ! lol) so they completely banned me from touching any computer.

So yea it has some advantages like you will the "genius" between your group or friend but yet it has many disadvantages like many girls are afraid to add me on msn cz they think theres the famous msn cracker that will crack their pass when talking to them !! :evil:

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Post by computathug »

As soon as people know your pretty good with a computer the questions start. A friend asked me if it was possible to get some photo's off her friends computer which had been badly infected and wouldn't load the desktop, no process explorer as right click was unavailable and it would freeze within minutes. I said that anything was possible.

The computer had been taken too a reputable shop and they had notified her that they couldn't do it and that they said all they can do is format the pc and reinstall windows. They also said that the usb drive which they used with the software on they use had also got infected and corrupted. I told her to get the pc back and i would do it. I also told her to ask them if they had never heard of linux. :lol:

After recovering the lost files i then reformatted and reinstalled everything. Her son was into computers so advised him to come take a look at suck-o and see what he thinks. You can imagine with just the name of the image of her face. After i explained we are an all round computer and information technology related site she decided to take a look for herself.

One of the first things she noticed was the word hacking!! As i had told her already i am an admin on here her next words were.... 'Can you hack banks'!!! Obviously i laughed and answered that she had the wrong impression already. I told her no i cant hack banks and even if i thought i was good enough i wouldn't even try. I then proceeded in telling her that we are here to teach people on the how's why's and don'ts and hopefully help the internet become a safer place.

It does sound very tempting to have just 1 penny from everyone's accounts and transferred to your own. :twisted:
The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose.
-- William Shakespeare, "The Merchant of Venice"
https://tshirt-memes.com

3XTORTION

Post by 3XTORTION »

Code: Select all

computathug
Administrator
Lol ur leet now thugz :D Anyway yea ur right when someone know that your good with computers they will start telling you to hack others or get hotmail/yahoo/myspace passwords and the worse part is that they all think theres this legendary program that can hack into hotmail and crack any given account ](*,) *screwy*

moudy
Technology Enthusiast
Technology Enthusiast

Post by moudy »

bad_brain wrote:...it took months until I was allowed again to use his computer when he was not in the room..
well at the end the guy let you use his computer :wink:
3XTORTION wrote:So yea it has some advantages like you will the "genius" between your group or friend but yet it has many disadvantages
I agree with you 3xtortion, and I personally see that the disadvantages are more than the advantages on the long run.

@mystikblaze, hopefully that all stories end happily like this :D
computathug wrote:One of the first things she noticed was the word hacking!! As i had told her already i am an admin on here her next words were.... 'Can you hack banks'!!! Obviously i laughed and answered that she had the wrong impression already
why did you tell here that u can hack into bank accounts, I would definatly want to see here face, the next day running to the bank to close her account :lol:

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

Those that do not ask, need not to be told. Those that will ask you, enlighten them.

Yep, nothing but trouble. You might as well tell people you can steal cars, or shoot people in the head in rapid fire tactics.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

moudy
Technology Enthusiast
Technology Enthusiast

Post by moudy »

DNR wrote:Those that do not ask, need not to be told. Those that will ask you, enlighten them.
Thumbs up for your choice 8)

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

DNR wrote:You might as well tell people you can steal cars, or shoot people in the head in rapid fire tactics.
or the ultimate way to cause panic:
I am a hacker and play a lot of FPS games
:lol: