Anti-Sec Movement

...let us know what you think, free speech!
maboroshi
Dr. Mab
Dr. Mab

I thought

Post by maboroshi »

I thought hacking was about freedom of information :-?
I must be way off then :-(

Only reason why I got into computers was to keep information free so it is attainable to anyone

Maybe that's not hacking but how did people find this stuff out if information isn't shared

Anyway

Must sleep

3XTORTION
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by 3XTORTION »

Hacking IS about freedom of information.These guys aren't attacking servers that hosts hacking tutorials or ebooks,so information and knowledge isn't the problem with them.Skiddies are the main problem that use exploits without even knowing wtf is coding or hacking.So infos,ebooks and tutorials are and will always be free and shared by all but exploits are dangerous scripts that must not be shared with random people = publicly :wink:

CommonStray
Forum Assassin
Forum Assassin

Post by CommonStray »

people have been coding up little vb6 rats and promoting warez on their sites since the concept of warez became popular, warez is just common place.

vb6 is old but it is one of the best vb dev UI's thats came out of microsoft, hence its popularity, shit i remember coding with vb4 and 5 back in the day.

thing is that the better of these groups around the net are taking advantage of bots, DDoS may be lame, but it's a truth any sysadmin may have to deal with at some point.

a 0day may come to fruitition and be used, if a sploit isnt published the attack can still be narrowed down by aware sysadmins, even mitigated in the event its not fully fixed. Keep off-site backups always.

milw0rm is not gone, its still there, just being ran by someone else now.

Lyecdevf
cyber Idi Amin
cyber Idi Amin

Post by Lyecdevf »

I never quite understood why certain individual are upset with the concept of, "full disclosure." I mean is the answer in hiding things and keeping the public ignorant? Is not this what the whole thing about hacking is? One needs to learn and how would hacker learn with out information. Besides that this is the internet where any one can post there exploits. We would just have to look for individuals who post exploits on there blogs or what ever instead of going to milworm or some other site. It really does not change any thing and it is not going to stop a motivated hacker.

So what if a couple of script kiddies run around with a buch of exploits. Maybe people should start thinking about the security of there sites and the script kiddie would not be such a menace any more. :wink:
We will either find a way, or make one.
- Hannibal

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

right mab, hacking IS about freedom of information. BUT, as in every good society, the freedom of an individual has to end when it affects the freedom of the others.

the problem with full disclosures is that people that don't even understand a single line of the code are able to use them....so the reason they use it is for their own mental masturbation, no benefits for anyone else.
the best example is an exploit that has been released a few weeks ago (I will not name it), the flaw is known for years already but now a smartass had the idea to release a full disclosure version of it....now any skiddie that is able to run a Perl-script can use it. the people that have to suffer under this are the providers of the vulnerable service, no way for them to secure it....so the only option admins have is to sue people who run such attacks in order to stop them.
if the one who released the full disclosure would simply have commented out a single variable in the script it would maybe even have been a useful release because it would have forced the service developers to finally get their asses up and do something, and at the same time it would have gave them time for doing it. but the way he did it (fully working script) looks to me like his intention was "I try to reach fame by releasing something that causes as much damage as possible"....which makes him much worse than a skiddie imo, because HE knows what he's doing.

Lundis
Distorter of Reality
Distorter of Reality

Post by Lundis »

I came across this some time ago, if anyone's interested: (anti-sec post their stuff here)

Code: Select all

http://romeo.copyandpaste.info/
I think their idea is: "Don't claim/think you're better than you are". Good idea, but their actions are a bad way of dealing with the problem.

But seriously after reading what's on that site I get the impression that it's a bunch of kids who were treated badly in high school and then learned hacking in order to get revenge on mankind. Silly. I can't respect people who acquired their skillz that way.

What's even worse is that they use the hacker emblem on the title of that page *. Are they trying to take over it?

* (or whatever it is, it shows on the firefox tab, I couldn't find it in the source code of the page, if anyone is willing to explain how it's done, I'm looking forward to listening :) )

moudy
Technology Enthusiast
Technology Enthusiast

Post by moudy »

1- free information will never seize as long as there is internet

2- the antisec movement says: 0day exploits should be kept secret...
I think that with out having these exploits exposed to the public sysadmins will find it difficult to secure their systems.... The only reason there are powerful weapons is to defend against other powerful weapons, and same goes for offensive weapons... and it goes on in a loop. definitely some people might get hurt, but on the long run this is for the sake of the internet community !

3- from the link provided by Lundis:

- Blend in.
- Get trusted.
- Trust no one.
- Own everyone.
- Disclose nothing.
- Destroy everything.
- Take back the scene.
- Never sell out, never surrender.
- Get in as anonymous, Leave with no trace.

I call this one thing... extreme
and till now, starting from the beginning of humanity... extremes never survived enough to be enjoyed by there initiators...

3XTORTION

Post by 3XTORTION »

Lundis wrote: But seriously after reading what's on that site I get the impression that it's a bunch of kids who were treated badly in high school and then learned hacking in order to get revenge on mankind.
Anti-Sec don't post their stuff there,its just RoMeO(Thats his profile Click Here)Yes,Hes the owner of DarkMindz.Hes part of the anti-sec movement so hes posting news on his blog or w/e u want to call it.Mainly the blackhat-forums,thedefaced,cybershade,DmZ and of course HellBoundHackers & HackThisSite owners are behind this movement and causing chaos accross the internet,so no their not bunch of kids screwed and raped at high school. :P :roll: These guys are very talented programmers,hackers and crackers(reverse engineers) and if ur philosophy/concept on something is different than theirs that doesn't mean that you're right and their dumb :wink:

Lyecdevf
cyber Idi Amin
cyber Idi Amin

Post by Lyecdevf »

DNR wrote:If they are trying to improve the image of the hacker as its it is, so defacing websites and attacking is going to help?

They are just using it as a cover - or they are very misguided. If they wanted to attack spam servers, sites that host toolz or warez - then I can understand - but to attack victims that don't know any better just looks like they are saying "Oh those bitches deserved to get raped they way they dressed"

DNR
That is what I was thinking too. Why hack imageshack too spread a message? There are other channel to communicate ones message with out the need to deface sites.
We will either find a way, or make one.
- Hannibal

Lundis
Distorter of Reality
Distorter of Reality

Post by Lundis »

3XTORTION wrote:Anti-Sec don't post their stuff there,its just RoMeO(Thats his profile Click Here)Yes,Hes the owner of DarkMindz.Hes part of the anti-sec movement so hes posting news on his blog or w/e u want to call it.Mainly the blackhat-forums,thedefaced,cybershade,DmZ and of course HellBoundHackers & HackThisSite owners are behind this movement and causing chaos accross the internet,so no their not bunch of kids screwed and raped at high school. :P :roll: These guys are very talented programmers,hackers and crackers(reverse engineers) and if ur philosophy/concept on something is different than theirs that doesn't mean that you're right and their dumb :wink:
Thanks for clearing that up. I'm not denying that they know their stuff, but one of the pages on that site gave me the impression I mentioned earlier.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

um, I highly doubt blackhat-forums.com are a part of it...except they have been pwnd by themselves... :lol:

also be very cautious with fake "anti-sec exploits" that can be found on the net, there is an "SSH exploit" around, that, when running it, simply damages your system and leave it unbootable....I am glad I have a disposable Linux on a spare HDD that I can use for such stuff, I would have bitten my ass if I would have ran it on my main system... :lol:

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

3XTORTION wrote:Mainly the blackhat-forums,thedefaced,cybershade,DmZ and of course HellBoundHackers & HackThisSite owners are behind this movement and causing chaos accross the internet,so no their not bunch of kids screwed and raped at high school.
HackThisSite is involved? That's the site that i joined as a script kiddie and left as a decent programmer and hacker. Hell, the base hacker values i have now are ones i gained from that site. I don't see how their values could've twisted so much in only a few years...

But i can say this. HTS is definitely not a bunch of kids with inferiority complexes. They are (or at least, were) pretty skilled, to be honest.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

3XTORTION

Post by 3XTORTION »

p4inl0v3r wrote:8O Romeo is anti sec member
Well if you go to DmZ you can look at the title and see that its a site for Anti-Security(=Anti-Sec...makes sense eh :D) and Hacking :wink:
bad_brain wrote:um, I highly doubt blackhat-forums.com are a part of it...except they have been pwnd by themselves... :lol:
Well they have been owned when "Aelphaeis Mangarae" was the owner i think, now its WebDevil and others who are maintaining the website.

gogeta70 wrote:
3XTORTION wrote:Mainly the blackhat-forums,thedefaced,cybershade,DmZ and of course HellBoundHackers & HackThisSite owners are behind this movement and causing chaos accross the internet,so no their not bunch of kids screwed and raped at high school.
HackThisSite is involved? That's the site that i joined as a script kiddie and left as a decent programmer and hacker. Hell, the base hacker values i have now are ones i gained from that site. I don't see how their values could've twisted so much in only a few years...

But i can say this. HTS is definitely not a bunch of kids with inferiority complexes. They are (or at least, were) pretty skilled, to be honest.
Yea i know you appear in an article about an irc convo 8). HTS are not the attackers but im pretty sure they support anti-sec and about the infos given in the site that "the challenges are just for educational purposes and the owners have no intentions blah blah blah", i think its only for the datacenter's TOS :roll: