Downloaded Game Help

...let us know what you think, free speech!
MaZe000
forum buddy
forum buddy

Downloaded Game Help

Post by MaZe000 »

I have no idea if this even belongs here or it breaks morals but I have a bit of a problem...

I recently "got" Fallout 3 for PC and I don't play many PC games that come out for Xbox 360 but I though I might give it a try. I downloaded the image and got Daemon Tools Lite. I mounted the image and the game installed fully and updated it from the game's website. I have been getting error messages:

Microsoft Windows

Fallout3 has stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

well no shit I said aloud and hit close and this is where my problem begins. I get the Launcher screen too. Any help? and if this breaks any rules I am sorry :(

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

well, actually we stay away from warez here on suck-o, but you have downloaded it already anyway...
and updated it from the game's website
online update? or downloaded a patch and installed it offline?
because if the game was able to phone home the serial key you used was identified as invalid and/or the DVD image was identified as not original.
in both cases the game will be locked.

MaZe000
forum buddy
forum buddy

Post by MaZe000 »

well actually I never had to insert a serial within the installation process and the update was a offline update I had to go to the website download a executable.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

if it's the original .exe it will most likely not work because it checks the DVD...and yours is not original. so you will need a "different" exe...*wink-wink nudge-nudge* make sure it fits to the program version... :wink:

MaZe000
forum buddy
forum buddy

Post by MaZe000 »

1.) yes the image file is from one of the most trusted places

2.) No it is a mandatory update and I will search around though it loaded and installed very well.

3.) Most likely not I need to look into that

4.) I got a new Hard Drive recently and have over 160GB in it and RAM I have 2G that should be enough

5.) Haha I also have done that but I have tried restarting and no luck

I also got a "new" launcher so I also have a feeling it's a environment issue and not a lock. I will look into this more and see what I can do. Thanks all.