A Medical Hazzard

...let us know what you think, free speech!
DrVirus
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

A Medical Hazzard

Post by DrVirus »

I just returned from Hospital. Don't ask why. They havn't figured it out. I had severe pain on the right side of my belly. They said it might be kidney stone. So they did an USG. Which resulted in nothing. Then they did a KUB. Which came back positive. But the thing was it said I had "One faint radio-opaque shadow in left kidney region". But thing is, my pain was on the right side.

One of the doctors said it that I do have a stone and it hurts on the wrong side (beats me !!) the other said I don't have a stone and I am good to go home. So here I am just spent a week in terrible pain. 6 days in a hospital , got shots of painkillers. And They pumped my ass with tons of Antibiotics (4 bottles of Intravenous drips a day. You do the math). So what's wrong with me ?? "Ah.. I think it was an infection".

Oh Btw. It all cost me about 10,000 bucks and I still have mild pain which seems to come back every once in a while.

leetnigga

Re: A Medical Hazzard

Post by leetnigga »

DrVirus wrote:You do the math
6*4=24

Seriously though, I'm sorry to hear that.

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

Shit man that sucks :(
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

yeah, a week on unnecessary pain.... :(
at least you're doing better now, and the fact that the pain almost disappeared shows it was really an infection which is about to heal....pain caused by a kidney stone don't go away, it would become worse and worse.

best drink a lot of tea and water, helps to flush the injection out... :)

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

I work in a hospital. I got bad news folks.
Medical science is still in its infancy, they are guessing when they diagnose you.

Doctors still use the "Treat and Wait" approach, they also use a "try a med, and start at a low dose and work it up"

People died on my cardiac unit because the lazy nurses that were supposed to monitor the patient during these "wait and see" moments, rather sit up at the front desk yakkin away. People died because cheap help did not look for the signs of change in the patients.

Every damn truth society had us believe is being proven a lie. Like when your parents told you about santa claus or the boogyman, they did it so you would feel good. The same goes on at police stations and hospitals, schools, governments and homes.

I hope I made you feel good by not lying to you.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Post by computathug »

I have a saying when someone goes to the doctors here.... Take 2 paracetamol a day and come back in a week if ya dont feel any better. Thats the usual reply you get. Its all guess work and most diagnose what they think and not what is actually wrong with you. DNR is right and he knows more than i do with working in the medical field. My ex partner from 13 years ago was a radiographer and as she said if they cant see nothing they just send you home.

I know a few people that have died because of a bad diagnosis, in fact our local hospital here has a bad reputation. People especially old people dont want to go in there for fear of not coming out again.

Jokes aside i am pleased you feel much better. If you start to feel ill again go and ask for a second opinion from another doctor.
The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose.
-- William Shakespeare, "The Merchant of Venice"
https://tshirt-memes.com

Big-E
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Big-E »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appendicitis#Symptoms

Almost killed my dad, doctor didn't diagnose it properly and it ruptured sending poison through his body. On top of that, he took an allergic reaction to cat scan dye, he was saved by a nurse slapping him in the face.

Regardless, get checked for something as simple as that - it`s a very good possibility being on your right side and chronic pain.

Good luck mate.