Adaptation

...let us know what you think, free speech!
ph0bYx
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by ph0bYx »

I'm telling you man, there is no better feeling than feeling strong on your own and being fiercely independent ;)

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

Before you can rebuild yourself, you must be broken.
Sounds like you are doin just fine!
:wink:

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

visser
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by visser »

I may not be able to relate to the whole being foreign thing but i can easily relate to what its like feeling alone but then getting it in your head that you can overcome anything. keep at it man :wink:

DrVirus

Post by DrVirus »

In star wars, there was not just mad sci fi and guy who used to breath funny. There were two philosophies going against each other. One of which was the sith philosophy. There was this particular part I was very interested in. It was called Improvement through Conflict.

It said "Without strife, your victory has no meaning. Without strife, you do not advance. Without strife, there is only stagnation." - Uthar Wynn

The Sith philosophy pointed out that it was conflict that lead to the improvement of both individuals and civilizations, because it encouraged people to better themselves. Conflict forced change, growth, adaptation, and evolution. Conflict ensured that the strongest survived. This could be seen throughout the galaxy, as stronger organisms flourished and weaker ones died off. The Sith believed that this same philosophy, one not invented by them but used by the universe itself, was the path towards true perfection. Without conflict there would be only stagnation. They saw the teachings of the Jedi as a crux that prevented change and improvement.

The Sith believed that any opportunity, even an unsure one, must be snatched. They believed that beings only deserved what they were strong enough to take and protect, and that those too weak to stand against the strong deserved their fate. The way of the Sith was for the pupil to outshine the master and the stronger Sith to take the lead, often through the destruction of one former partner. Some, but not all, Sith believed that morality was but an obstacle to overcome, because it got in the way of a Sith's ability to recognize and grasp opportunities.

If you are still wondering why I wrote all that ?? Then a quick translation. You were faced with a conflict. You survived unlike your friends. That fact alone has made you stronger. Better. Now you do realize you do not need to depend on any other organism to survive. Keep it up.

Stavros
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post by Stavros »

I'm curious where did you decide to go to college? How long have you been here?