Waaa!!! Suck-O does not look good in Google Chrome!

...let us know what you think, free speech!
Pong18
Cyber Mushroom
Cyber Mushroom

Waaa!!! Suck-O does not look good in Google Chrome!

Post by Pong18 »

ei guys check this out:

does any of you have the same problem?

please fix this. thanks... suck-o is my fave site and its not looking good on my fave browser.... huhuhu ='(

browser: google chrome ver. 2.0.172.43
Operating System: Windows Vista 64Bit Ultimate Edition with Service Pack 2

Pong18
Cyber Mushroom
Cyber Mushroom

Post by Pong18 »

someone! please fix this! please!!!! wahuhuhuhu! ](*,) 8O

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

That's most likely a problem with how your browser interprets the sites code, so that issue is on their side, not ours ;)
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

eewww.....definitely a browser incompatibility, IE also had its problems with CSS for a long time.... :roll:
is there something like Firebug for Chrome? :-k
for now all I can do is to recommend to use a different browser....maybe you want to try my favorite one: http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/

IceDane
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by IceDane »

Get this as well - it only just started happening. Nothing is beating chrome in speed, and it's sandboxed as well, so I'm going to keep on using it.

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

Hmm damn and I am planning on trying chrome again on the Vista.

See BB has a choice of programming his webpages to deal with every browser out there, even old ones (people still use IE6). But I guess he can also just wait for the bugs to get ironed out for Chrome - as this will happen on other sites as well with Chrome.

Sorry Pong :(

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

Normally i'd say 'just deal with it,' but i saw an extension for firefox a while back that allowed you to change the css or html of a page so that it displayed in whatever fashion you desired. I wonder if chrome has the same thing...
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

yep, that's "Firebug" gogeta....that's why I asked if there is something similar for Chrome, because it would make it much easier for me to find the CSS setting that causes this bug and to create conditional comments in the stylesheet. I had such problems a couple of times already with Wordpress themes and IE6, so I know debugging without Firebug is hell.... :?

Pong18
Cyber Mushroom
Cyber Mushroom

Post by Pong18 »

waaaa!!! huhuhu! ='(
well i guess i just have to deal with it in the mean time while its still like this... sigh! shit happens anyway. thanks for all your responses. i guess i just have to use the slowpoke firefox again to view suck-o... i hate firefox, at first firefox was great until they added and added all the crap in the world until it became slower and slower(slower in terms of loading pages and loading the application itself) and the UI got stinkier and more stinkier. well whuddya know, my firefox installer download just arrived. installing.... starting... typing suck-o.com.... pressed enter.............................................. sigh.................... well hello there mr. suck-o! there you go! nice! suck-o just the way i want it!

still i hope this browser incompatibility will be fixed soon.

thanks again for all your responses.

suck-o is still the best!!! ever!!! that site in the toplist in progenic are posers!!!

Kirk
suck-o enforcer
suck-o enforcer

Post by Kirk »

i dont know what you guys are talking about. i use firefox and it looks just like the screen shot up top. whats it suppose to look like?

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

um, like this:

:?

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

HA! fixed it...the problem was caused by a dead link in the affiliates-block, looks fine for me again in Chrome (yeah, I really installed it only for this issue :lol: )

let me know if it works for you too now... :)

Pong18
Cyber Mushroom
Cyber Mushroom

Post by Pong18 »

wow bad_brain! your amazing! oh no, rephrase: your the best dude!!! when i see you imma kiss you!!! hahaha LOL! just kidding! thanks for fixing this! now i can use the fastest browser chrome to view suck-o!!! i love suck-o, chrome and bb! yeah this totally rocks dude!!! keep it hardcore metal!!! :D

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

hehe, nah, actually it was pretty easy.. :wink:
every block on the left was displayed with its regular width, except the "affiliates"-block...and because there are only pics and links in there I was sure it's the dead link when I've seen it. for some weird reason the text in the alt-tag of the image is displayed in 1 line in Chrome, and this overrides the width of the box set by CSS.

so the biggest pain in the rear was installing Chrome for me....never seen such a lot of outgoing connections in a browser yet... :lol:

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

huh I did see some formatting errors with that dead affiliate logo - but IE8 would resize everything to get the page to fit.

Well, I think I will try Chrome again..

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.