Kirk Rock Climbing

...let us know what you think, free speech!
Kirk
suck-o enforcer
suck-o enforcer

Kirk Rock Climbing

Post by Kirk »

Ok, guys, here are a few of me rock climbing. This is a lot of fun. The walls are 28 feet so they aren't that high. Some of the spots are tricky though. I like rappelling more. I found a nice overpass that I can jump off of and a crane I'm going to climb. I'm buying my rope in a week or two so when I do go off the overpass and crane I'll be sure to take pics.

These last two are of my Brother-in-law who went with me.

lilrofl
Siliconoclast
Siliconoclast

Post by lilrofl »

I haven't climbed in years, very enjoyable past-time though, and having fun is really what it's all about =)

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

/me suggests Kirk's new nick is "Spiderman" from now on
:lol:

real cool man, I also love climbing, but no good places here...the last time I've been climbing was in the french Vosges about 20 years ago... :)

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

yea thats some sticky shit there, I liked the photo of kirk climbing up the inside of a cove there.

That is SO cool! There is a place called Planet Rock in Pontiac Michigan, I am going to have to see what the costs are.

I figure with my martial arts training I might have a decent grip, but I never did anything like this before!

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

Big-E
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Big-E »

I suck at climbing walls, I climbed a wall in Ottawa..one of the largest walls in Canada, it was like 80ft tall. Anyway, due to hockey and rugby I have fairly large legs which makes it rather hard to maneuver up the wall..I could barely make it up the intermediate wall, there was a HUGE ledge. I can tell you once you get on the ground, you can barely lift your arms..it uses all the muscles I am not used to using..

moudy
Technology Enthusiast
Technology Enthusiast

Post by moudy »

I remember I did wall climbing in one of the out door carnivals in my university almost 3 years ago... I also did rappel off a natural cliff almost 40 ft. high.
I can tell you that such activities are thrilling and cool to do from time to time :wink:
mahmoud_shihab@hotmail.com

Kirk
suck-o enforcer
suck-o enforcer

Post by Kirk »

@Big-E I know what you mean about how it's hard to maneuver because of size. I wasn't able to do certain things that I wanted to, like cross my arms over my body to climb sideways, because of my size. This is definitely for a small more limber guy, but still manageable for the bigger ones.

Kirk
suck-o enforcer
suck-o enforcer

Post by Kirk »

DNR here's one for you. Australian Crawl (face first)

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

*thumb* Thanks Kirk, seeing the australian crawl made my night.
Its something new to try, and I can't wait!
It looks like you had a blast.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

What to do with the mad climbing skills
http://thejakartaglobe.com/home/spiderm ... ers/327359

DNR
-

Kirk
suck-o enforcer
suck-o enforcer

Post by Kirk »

HELL NO!!! I like to go down not up. Up is just something I have to do in order to go down.

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Post by computathug »

This is brilliant, we have most the sports centres around here with these kinds of apparatus. I admire the skill and techniques and upper body strength it takes to do something like this. =D>
The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose.
-- William Shakespeare, "The Merchant of Venice"
https://tshirt-memes.com