question about my school wifi

...let us know what you think, free speech!
bozotheclown138
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

question about my school wifi

Post by bozotheclown138 »

well our school is annoying and they use macs and well anyhow i cant connect to the wireless... no encryption and there was a proxy before that i found out and used but somehow they still run on that proxy but wont let my itouch in... any ideas how to find the way through or some sort of password? :?: :?: :?: ive checked the keychain utility also... nothing

Stavros
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post by Stavros »

Sounds like MAC Address filtering. Of course only you can find out what is actually being run, but if there's no encryption like you say then they're running MAC filtering. That's still not very safe. All it takes is for an attacker to do a site survey, make a list of working MACs and spoof. I'll leave that up to you.

bozotheclown138

ah thank you! i actually do have a macspoofer for my itouch, would it be possible to just get a mac address off of one of their computers and use that one too?

Stavros
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post by Stavros »

bozotheclown138 wrote:ah thank you! i actually do have a macspoofer for my itouch, would it be possible to just get a mac address off of one of their computers and use that one too?
Yes you can. I know Kismet will report MAC addresses used by all the machines on the associated network. NetStumbler probably will.

The problem with spoofing a MAC is that if two machines are on and requesting internet access the router won't know which IP to send the correct information since your IP and the victim's IP will be different. The best time to spoof a MAC is to get on when the computer is offline.

bozotheclown138

alright sounds good on monday i will try this out and see if i make any progress and ill let you know