Anyone here play Guitar

...let us know what you think, free speech!
maboroshi
Dr. Mab
Dr. Mab

Anyone here play Guitar

Post by maboroshi »

Hey everyone I just got my first guitar, well last night. Its a classical guitar which is what I wanted to learn actually a friend gave it to me its like a 1000 dollar guitar to

Does anyone here play guitar or another musical instrument. If so what do you play and how long have you been playing?

floodhound2
∑lectronic counselor
∑lectronic counselor

Post by floodhound2 »

I play guitar and have been playing for almost 10 years. I have 2 guitars at the moment one is a 6 string acoustic and the other is a dobro. I strum blues, classical and most any other music except country. I have had an electric and a 12 string - sold them. I would love to get a classical guitar you lucky dog.

Glad to hear that you got a guitar Mab. Its fun once you get the basics down otherwise it can be frustrating as you learn.

lilrofl
Siliconoclast
Siliconoclast

Post by lilrofl »

I've played a lot of instruments growing up as I come from a musical family

(cheap plug for Justin Farren... great music if you like Jack Johnson or Jason Mraz)

I haven't played a lot in the last ten years, but about 6 months ago I picked up and have been learning the Uke... laugh if you must, I like it ;D

3XTORTION
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by 3XTORTION »

I used to play electric guitar for over 2 years.I was lead guitar in a thrash metal band but i quit because i wanted to focus more on programming and hacking.I used to play all kind of metal songs from bands like Metallica,Megadeth,Slayer,Kreator,Exodus etc.

The easiest way to be a guitar pro is to download training videos, get to know the important guitar scales and focus on exercises ... for example in electric guitar there's : sweep picking, harmonics,palm muting, pull-offs and hammer-ons , pentatonic scales , improvisation and so on...and of course it needs a lot of patience and a lot of time :wink:

maboroshi
Dr. Mab
Dr. Mab

:-)

Post by maboroshi »

Sounds like suck-o has a lot of musical talent

Thanks for sharing its inspiring to hear what you guys are doing

n3rd
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by n3rd »

I play Wii XD
[img]http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/8009/userbar2k.png[/img]

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

Does Guitar Hero count?

... I such at that as well ... but I could learn!
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

Pong18
Cyber Mushroom
Cyber Mushroom

Post by Pong18 »

i have been playing the guitar since i think i was 11years old back then... i remember borrowing my uncle's and my friend's guitar back then... got my own first guitar when i was 14years old and now i am 23 years old and still playing... i play mostly love songs and some AC/DC with my classical nylon string guitar that i got when i was still 14years...

aaaa! i am a victim of Nostalgia.