(Don't) Let it snow

...let us know what you think, free speech!
IceDane
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by IceDane »

DNR wrote:DrV - Fine! I get to go to a warmer climate, no snow. You get the Alpha Server, the 2ghz Intel box, the 233mhz, the 450mhz, 7 HDDs and 5 old cellphones.* But - you have to help me buy a quarter pound of hash before you go!

* I am keeping three laptops.

@Gog, Hey it does look cool and even kind of relaxing. The main thing is the driving, while I am a top driver, its the other people screwing up that makes the season so bad. I like the Intrigue (car) its wide body and long wheelbase, plus nice tires ($400 worth!) make it a real contender on the snow and ice roads.

@iceDane - the train ride sounds like a photo opportunity, and do they offer wifi on a train there?

DNR
I'm not the photographic kind of guy.

But yes, they do, but there are two companies that deal with public transportation. One, the biggest, only offers it on certain parts of the tracks close to Copenhagen and it costs a shitload a minute or some such, and then there's this other company that does it for free in their trains and buses, but I don't think they operate outside the Copenhagen area.

I'll probably just do some coding while on the way there, or watch a movie.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

come on guys...snow rocks! [-(
I really like winter, there's nothing more beautiful than walking through a forest after heavy snowfalls (or even better: while it snows)....it's kinda zen... :)

the only problem here is that there is not enough snow, at least not for long....in the last days temp went down to -12 degrees during the day (at some places it went down to -30 in the night), now they say it will rise to +10 again, so the snow we had is almost gone already again... :roll:

IceDane

Post by IceDane »

bad_brain wrote:come on guys...snow rocks! [-(
I really like winter, there's nothing more beautiful than walking through a forest after heavy snowfalls (or even better: while it snows)....it's kinda zen... :)
Exactly =) When it has just fallen or is falling, it's so fresh that all sound is dampened by it. You stop hearing cars in the distance, if you live outside of town, and stuff like that. It's just awesome.

Dltr

Post by Dltr »

there's nothing more beautiful than walking through a forest after heavy snowfalls (or even better: while it snows)....it's kinda zen...
Yepp thats Right :D

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

@bb - you will be just fine in Canada :lol:

Hey I also like making snowmen - with my bart simpson kind of humor it makes for funny snowmen! The best one was when I made a snowdog about 10 feet high and 7 feet wide, and colored it - it made the local papers.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

DrVirus

Post by DrVirus »

@DNR okay we are getting some where. Now you do realize you have live in my shitty neighborhood where the distance between two facing houses are about 6 feet ?? If you are okay with that and a shit load of garbage lying around and nosy people keeping tab on you all the time then, when do we shift ?

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

But you CAN get the hash right?

:lol:

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.