Personal safety!

...let us know what you think, free speech!
Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

I've known this website for a while now, and it just came to mind when i read b_b's post about the kubotan. Self defense is a big deal because if you go too far, your ass is on the line. The solution is simply to use a non-lethal weapon for defense. Keep in mind though that a defense weapon is just that, for defense. Once you temporarily incapacitate the attacker - RUN!

Anyway, this website has a small selection of tools for self defense... among other things. Take a look ;)

Code: Select all

http://www.force-ten.com/safety-self-defense-c-32.html
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Post by computathug »

Now this thread is getting somewhere. The point of it was how would HE defend himself and to keep it in perspective within the law of HIS country and not how we each protect ourselves whether legally or illegally in our own respective countries that we live in.

If i am in a situation where i think there could be a confrontation the first thing i go for is my lighter. Just holding it in your clasp of a fist can be used the same as a knuckle duster. The kubotan is also another good idea on the key ring. A rolled up newspaper hurts more than you can imagine if used in the correct way. A dog chain is also a very handy tool to have in your possession and if it is legal to do so then why not carry pepper spray.

Try to stay within the boundaries of the law to your own country when defending yourself.
The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose.
-- William Shakespeare, "The Merchant of Venice"
https://tshirt-memes.com

lilrofl
Siliconoclast
Siliconoclast

Post by lilrofl »

computathug wrote:
If i am in a situation where i think there could be a confrontation the first thing i go for is my lighter. Just holding it in your clasp of a fist can be used the same as a knuckle duster.
a man after my own heart lol. I also carry a lighter for that exact purpose, and have been doing so since high school. I've never needed it though so I rarely think about it... it's just something I put in my pocket out of habbit these days.
knuffeltjes voor mijn knuffel
[img]http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac320/stuphsack/Sig.jpg[/img]

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

a minimag light keyring fob makes a nice kubotan.

When I worked security, I would make sure almost everything on me was lethal :lol:

cross pens are expensive, but they are practically all metal.

it is also possible to carry a sheathed, 7" Tanto in the front of your pants comfortably. That armor piercing tip could come out in a flash!

The pepper spray was most effective in a suprise situation, like the ninja 'disappearing smoke' you can fade away from a crowd of hostiles in a cloud of red peppery mist.

Many times, attackers need to align you with a perfect spot to jump you - by using awareness, you mess up the timing the suspect wanted - putting him at a disadvantage or hesitation.
On a stairway - don't fight on a landing, turn and confront the attacker in mid-stairs - especially if you can be the higher person on the stairs - now you can kick him in the face easily, and no one expects to fight mid-stairs.

Door locks are very important. Many people tend to not lock doors as they are lazy. When working security, or not - get in the habit of locking doors behind you. Your practise locking doors will also give you practise unlocking doors - pretty soon you can unlock doors so effortlessly with a key - that people think no key! Anyone chasing you will be stopped by each locked door you put between you and them. Some doors that have to be left open, can still be primed locked - so if an emergency arise (active shooter in an office or school) anyone can close the door and be secure.

Active shooters are the worst, and can happen anywhere. An active shooter is someone that is commiting mass murder, and they will not stop until they are out of bullets or dead. This situation, the victims need to be clear that they have only one chance to survive - either fight the shooter or escape. This situation is not the same as a robbery, domestic, gang-related, - the shooter is a threat to everyone, and has only one purpose - to shoot everyone.

Many victims get killed because they waited so long before they reacted, they assumed 'it will not happen to me', or someone will do something to stop this'. Be the first to react, and stay alive.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

Lyecdevf
cyber Idi Amin
cyber Idi Amin

Post by Lyecdevf »

[quote="bad_brain"]the trouble was not really because of your question, it was because of something that was already simmering for a while in the background...sorry it blew up in your thread... :wink: [quote]

No problems! Thanks for all the posts it really helped me to look at the situation from a fresh perspective.
We will either find a way, or make one.
- Hannibal