doe`s AUTOMOBILE can be HACK

...let us know what you think, free speech!
tilo10
forum buddy
forum buddy

doe`s AUTOMOBILE can be HACK

Post by tilo10 »

hi all,
i will like to discuse this issue of CAR hack, i watch a film that is title is "UNTRAICEABLE" in this film it was HACKER & FBI in the film hacker hack fbi car ,i will like to no if its true or false . :roll: :)

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

Well, the more advanced the cars get with computers and new technology, the closer to "possible" it gets.

It's already pretty much possible.
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

Necrix
The Hacker Wolf
The Hacker Wolf

Post by Necrix »

uhm...?

I've got an ALDL cable to connect my laptop to my car's computer to monitor things..and with the right stuff, I can edit the computer..

If you're talking about hacking into another car's computer remotely, then..well..what Cats said.

Cars are getting more and more connected.

What more do you wanna know?
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

DoubleBenis
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by DoubleBenis »

Car remote is working on 300-400MHz signal, and every time you unlock and lock door again your remote get new unique code for next time you unlock car. if you could made special device, and send signal in this frequency, maybe you could unlock car.

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

depends on the security system.

The current state of the art is freq/channel/and code hopping. The next time you unlock the car - the remote and the alarm has changed its code and even frequency - so a playback of a captured radio signal from the remote will not work anymore.

The black box in the vehicles can tell a person what the car has been doing over a certain time period, right down to if you had your foot on the brake at the time the airbags went off. You can access this with a scanner tool - $$ and some you can change the firmware to increase RPM or remove the top speed limit.

Now, with Onstar and GPS - you could hack that to keep track of where that vehicle is, you could even black box onto the onstar to kill the car or listen in on converstations in the car. This is where you will likely hack for fun. The Onstar will work because it is a weakness into the vehicle's system - it gives you access to do what Onstar can do - via cellular technology. I imagine you could piggy back onto the cellular tech to take over a car controlled by Onstar.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

Necrix
The Hacker Wolf
The Hacker Wolf

Post by Necrix »

It's not *too* expensive to access the computer.

Here's what I got..haven't used it yet, though:

http://aldlcable.com/
http://www.tunerpro.net/

By the way..I was just thinking..

I think some cars have bluetooth. Couldn't you infect it with a virus via bluetooth? Though I'm sure that the part of the car(I think the stereo system and navigation maybe) that the bluetooth gives access to is completely separate from the computer controlling the car, I'm just a-sayin'.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

so far bluetooth is linked to the radio and perhaps the nav - but not to the ECM of the car. The nav might leak GPS info? I think the system is limited by its own purpose.

The Onstar has the purpose of being able to control the vehicle, to report its location back, and even listen in via the microphone. All you need is to piggy back on to the system - the system designed to obey signals from a cellular device.

So, its a matter of attacking the system that will get you into the rest of the machine.. you don't care to hack a printer as it won't get you anywhere.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

n3rd
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by n3rd »

in regards to the 300/400 mhz. Does it actually involve a code or just a frequency?
[img]http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/8009/userbar2k.png[/img]

DoubleBenis
suck-o-fied!
suck-o-fied!

Post by DoubleBenis »

How i read in manual it's with code. How i understand it is very simple, and every time is changing.