Light Distance Protocol

...let us know what you think, free speech!
maboroshi
Dr. Mab
Dr. Mab

Light Distance Protocol

Post by maboroshi »

I have an idea for a system of technology/

This idea involves photography and the concept of measuring Distance and Light and other situational effects programmatically

Ok so we want to take a photograph with out film. This idea involves reading light measuring by the amount of input we get and distance measuring by a signal.If we use more than one signal (an example signal would be a infra red light source) we could essentially get objects also figures etc

Ok this may sound like a camera but here is where the idea differs when the photo is taken only simple binary data is recorded. The data is then processed as it enters the computer.

The idea is that you can program the sensors and other things to measure different situations. You could add things to read sound, motion, light sources such as a torch could be calculated and measured all with minimal disk usage by storing in binary then compiled into human readable format on the computer

Just a thought

Anyway *cheers

Maboroshi

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Re: Light Distance Protocol

Post by DNR »

A line-scan camera is a camera device containing a line-scan image sensor chip, and a focusing mechanism. These cameras are almost solely used in industrial settings to capture an image of a constant stream of moving material. Unlike video cameras, line-scan cameras use a single array of pixel sensors, instead of a matrix of them. Data coming from the line-scan camera has a frequency, where the camera scans a line, waits, and repeats. The data coming from the line-scan camera is commonly processed by a computer, to collect the one-dimensional line data and to create a two-dimensional image. The collected two-dimensional image data is then processed by image-processing methods for industrial purposes.
Line-scan technology is capable of capturing data extremely fast, and at very high image resolutions. Usually under these conditions, resulting collected image data can quickly exceed 100 MB in a fraction of a second. Line-scan-camera–based integrated systems, therefore are usually designed to streamline the camera's output in order to meet the system's objective, using computer technology which is also affordable.

Line-scan cameras intended for the parcel handling industry can integrate adaptive focusing mechanisms to scan six sides of any rectangular parcel in focus, regardless of angle, and size. The resulting 2-D captured images could contain, but are not limited to 1D and 2D barcodes, address information, and any pattern that can be processed via image processing methods. Since the images are 2-D, they are also human-readable and can be viewable on a computer screen. Advanced integrated systems include video coding, optical character recognition (OCR) and finish-line cameras for high speed sports.
--

From my experience in robotics, this sounds like your idea.
As far as I know, distance still has to be input by another device - ie laser - cameras are one demensional and do not 'tell distance' on their own. A laser and sensor typicall read distance by reflection time it takes for the laser to bounce back.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

maboroshi
Dr. Mab
Dr. Mab

Re: Light Distance Protocol

Post by maboroshi »

Cool info DNR :-)

and yes that does sound like my idea :-?
Brain: We will wait until tomorrow night
Pinky: What we going to do tomorrow night Brain
Brain: Same thing we do every night, try and take over the world
I guess that means back to the drawing board *cheers