Mobile me

No, not for "Mack daddies"...for Apple users...^^
n3rd
Staff Member
Staff Member

Mobile me

Post by n3rd »

Hello All,

I thought it was time I contributed some more to the Mac area, so today I will talk about Apple's renewed service: MobileMe.

What is MobileMe?

MobileMe is a paid service (99$ a year) that will give you an email address, now you might think WTF 99$ for just an email? well there is more, with that email address you get a interface that contains the following; Mail, Contacts, Calendar, Gallery and iDisk (20 gig of Extra storage).

but what makes all this so beneficial to people?
well here is a answer u might want to hear, everything from emails to pictures and contacts are stored on a "cloud"(server) as Apple likes to call it as the email service uses IMAP as their protocol, all information on the server can be synced with Apple Macbooks, MBP, iPhone, iTouch and even Microsoft Outlook. Apple is working on a technology that they like to call: Push, this will make sure that the software you are using synchronizes with all devices to push the content that is on the server on to your extra component, for instance your iTouch. So for business people, all their contacts are always available, their emails are also all there and even if you correct something on your iPhone, lets say you add a contact, it will be pushed to the Cloud and the cloud will push it to the other devices.

Now some might wonder what the iDisk is, the iDisk is a online storage where you can place files and share them with your friends or co-workers.
if you want to share a file, you just send out an email with a link to the file, and you can even specify, how many times they can download it, how long the download is available or limit the download to a IP address.

Again, the iDisk is accessible through your macbook or macbook pro or ofcourse you can access it through the mobileme service.

The gallery is another option which has been really finetuned, you can even allow people to change or add pictures without them even loggin in.

If you want more detailed information about this please visit this link, its a great tutorial video:

Code: Select all

http://www.apple.com/mobileme/guidedtour/
[img]http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/8009/userbar2k.png[/img]