Mac G3 booting problems

No, not for "Mack daddies"...for Apple users...^^
PLeXroD
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Mac G3 booting problems

Post by PLeXroD »

recently i have bought this G3 with OSX 10.3 ...

and have been using it well since that day... but one day it stalls while loading startup objects... from that day i have been trying to get it fixed in some way, but i cant seem to get it working... i have tried to force it to boot it up from cdrom but that didn't seem to work then i tried to force it into boot mode witch let you choose from witch drive i should boot from.. that didn't seem work either... now im pretty pissed...

why cant i get it to boot from cdrom when i put in the original boot disc with OS X 10.3 in it?
how do i install a new OS ?
how do i force it to format the drive and install a new fresh copy of OSX 10.3?
if i can fix the partition already made how do i do so?

Thx :D
-Never try to be uncommon, instead of that only realize it's you that is common...-

-In grater common sence Linux is better than MS Windows-

-Never try to hack platform, instead of that, only make security and teach other to do that to-

PLeXroD

Post by PLeXroD »

isn't there anyone who can help me out?

?? :cry: please ... just one?
-Never try to be uncommon, instead of that only realize it's you that is common...-

-In grater common sence Linux is better than MS Windows-

-Never try to hack platform, instead of that, only make security and teach other to do that to-

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

hmmm, well I haven't played with a Mac for a while =/ But isn't there a boot menu where you can select the CD/DVD?, and is it an original CD/DVD? If you can get into the install CD/DVD, then you can fix it ^^, it has all the tools you need to get it working again (most likely) =)
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"