b_b's horror cabinet of spam

Fight back! So don't expect to find lame "fake login screens" or similar stuff here.
Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Re: b_b's horror cabinet of spam

Post by Gogeta70 »

I can see how this would fool some people. They wrote in proper English for one, which makes it feel less scammy/spammy and it looks like they managed to find an SMTP server that still lets you spoof email addresses. Does your mail server not check SPF records, or did you turn that off for the lols? :P This could probably fool some non-technical people, but... like... did they even LOOK at this website? This is like a rabbit threatening a lion :lol:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

they are too 1337 to spoof, instead they simply put the @suck-o.com address into the sender name field.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
that's why I love Sylpheed, other email clients do "show sender name (if set), if no sender name is set show address", while Sylpheed always shows name and address....also every kind of code is shown instead of processed.

of course my MX does DNS checks for SPF, DMARC and DKIM, but because there are STILL so many domains around that don't utilize those really useful mechanisms at all you can only safely reject mails with faulty records....but you have to let the ones with no records at all pass, else you'll have to spend a lot of time with client complaints and manual whitelisting. :roll:

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

Got an email the other to my gmail account, which was a bounce email from Google, saying I tried to send something to someone who didn't exist :-k. Never gotten one of those from or on gmail before, but I guess someone tried to send something in my name :-k
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

checked the headers? you can see them under"3-dot-thingy"->show original. feel free to post them with a burn after reading flag at https://code.suck-o.com/ and link me. ;)

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

check your script bro.... :o :lol:
Screen Shot 07-19-21 at 09.26 PM.PNG
Screen Shot 07-19-21 at 09.26 PM.PNG (13.29 KiB) Viewed 3790 times

ayu
Staff
Staff