what is up with scammers and nigera??

Fight back! So don't expect to find lame "fake login screens" or similar stuff here.
greenguyy2
On the way to fame!
On the way to fame!

what is up with scammers and nigera??

Post by greenguyy2 »

i mean why not like any other country could someone give me a brief explanation.. i almost fell for it one time

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

go google about the 419 scams

http://www.snopes.com/crime/fraud/nigeria.asp

The reason given was that for all the countries in the region, nigeria was educated enough to get on the internet to start scamming. It was also implied that the country profit from the scams and protected the evil doers. You have to remember the rules of law only applies in the country of origin - what might be a prosecutable offense in one country is not in another. The FBI can't really help these victims because the country of origin, i.e. Nigeria fails to take the crime seriously. China is rumored to be hiding the crew of RBN... another topic for you to google..

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

right, the Nigerian infrastructure and technology is advanced compared to most other african countries, but nonetheless it is still a very poor country (mainly caused by the fact that Nigeria is the country with the highest population in africa).
Nigeria was rules by a military regime for a long time and now is trying to become a democracy, but whenever such changes are made there is a time of chaos, corruption and anarchy between....just look what happened when the USSR collapsed: everybody tried to get his piece of pie and to get rich, and I bet many of the people that really got rich made their money with criminal activities. in such times everybody cares about himself, so laws don't apply...because the ones that made the laws or have to make sure the laws are followed also try to get their piece of pie first.

greenguyy2
On the way to fame!
On the way to fame!

Post by greenguyy2 »

Thanks for your time