Help about desktop phishing

Fight back! So don't expect to find lame "fake login screens" or similar stuff here.
z3r0aCc3Ss
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Help about desktop phishing

Post by z3r0aCc3Ss »

I need some help regarding desktop phishing. I tried it, but it didn't work for me. I want to do desktop phishing of www.somsite.com

1) I copied hosts file from "System32/drivers/etc/hosts" to some folder on D drive.

2) I opened it with notepad and added a line 127.0.0.x www.somesite.com (where x is any sequential number). I saved that information.

3) Then I right clicked on it and selected "Add to archive" option, selected ZIP format, checked "Create SFX archive, switched to advanced tab and under SFX options, I put Path to extract as "C:/Windows/System32/drivers/etc" clicked OK and selected "Hide all" option and "Overwrite all files" option. Clicked Ok, Ok.

4) Now I got hosts.exe file.

5) I got one binder and I binded hosts.exe file and abc.exe file. (abc.exe is any executable program to which I want to bind my desktop phishing)

6) Now I got new binded file xyz.exe.

7) When I run xyz.exe, abc.exe executes by default and it asks to access system file "hosts" (but obvious). I allowed access to it.

What to do now? When I go to www.somesite.com, nothing happens and page simply doesn't opens.
Its coz when you write something "127.0.0.x www.site.com", windows blocks it.

So, whats d idea behind this? Anyone tried desktop phishing successfully?
Beta tester for major RATs, all kinds of stealers and keyloggers.
Learning NMAP

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

most desktops are not running a webserver
directing a web browser installed on a system running an HTTP server to http://localhost will display the home page of the local web site, provided the server is configured to service the loopback interface.
DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

z3r0aCc3Ss

Post by z3r0aCc3Ss »

Pls download this video and see if u can help me somehow

Code: Select all

http://milw0rm.com/video/store/101.flv
Beta tester for major RATs, all kinds of stealers and keyloggers.
Learning NMAP

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

its a 11mb dl - keep working at it. I'll be around.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

iyggk

Re: Help about desktop phishing

Post by iyggk »

z3r0aCc3Ss wrote:I need some help regarding desktop phishing. I tried it, but it didn't work for me. I want to do desktop phishing of www.somsite.com

1) I copied hosts file from "System32/drivers/etc/hosts" to some folder on D drive.

2) I opened it with notepad and added a line 127.0.0.x www.somesite.com (where x is any sequential number). I saved that information.

3) Then I right clicked on it and selected "Add to archive" option, selected ZIP format, checked "Create SFX archive, switched to advanced tab and under SFX options, I put Path to extract as "C:/Windows/System32/drivers/etc" clicked OK and selected "Hide all" option and "Overwrite all files" option. Clicked Ok, Ok.

4) Now I got hosts.exe file.

5) I got one binder and I binded hosts.exe file and abc.exe file. (abc.exe is any executable program to which I want to bind my desktop phishing)

6) Now I got new binded file xyz.exe.

7) When I run xyz.exe, abc.exe executes by default and it asks to access system file "hosts" (but obvious). I allowed access to it.

What to do now? When I go to www.somesite.com, nothing happens and page simply doesn't opens.
Its coz when you write something "127.0.0.x www.site.com", windows blocks it.

So, whats d idea behind this? Anyone tried desktop phishing successfully?
if u r using 127.0.0.x then it should take u 2 the web page located @ http://127.0.0.x/ when u type in www.site.com on ur web browser. to get 127.0.0.x to work u should be running ur own local server(use wamp or xampp etc)........otherwise that's simply the ip of ur phisher host......in that case u need a fixed ip address i guess.