Gmail incident

Fight back! So don't expect to find lame "fake login screens" or similar stuff here.
DrVirus
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Gmail incident

Post by DrVirus »

Hey guys, guess what ? A few minutes back I was trying to open my regular gmail a/c. But for some reason they wont let me. Kept telling me about detecting some suspicious activity from it. So they made me provide my cell number, in which they sent me a verification code after which I was told to reenter my password and then change it in order to access my account !!

Weird hah ??

Even weirder was that, once I got inside I found a ton delivery failed messages. It seemed that who or what ever tried to break in, also tried to send a link to all the people in my mail list. But google blocked it !

Now this is not an account I rarely use. Infact I log in it every day. Sometimes more than once. All my years using gmail I never had this problem before ! What do you guys think about it !

And if any one wants the link they were trying to send through me, I still have it copied. But only trusted members !

intern3t

Re: Gmail incident

Post by intern3t »

scroll down to your gmail account and look for where this is written:

Last account activity: 5 hours ago on this computer.

click on that link (details).and check if you will know what you will do with their ip addresses.

And always learn how to clear some private data of your browser after browsing for safety sake.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

were the failed mails blocked on the outgoing side or were they rejected on the incoming side (the recipient's mail servers)? in the latter case check the mail headers, you should be able to see the original sender, this way you can also check if the mails really have been sent through your account or if they are backscatter mails (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Backscatter_%28e-mail%29" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;).

:wink:

leetnigga

Post by leetnigga »

You were pwned.

DrVirus

Post by DrVirus »

Some french accessed my a/c 5 hours ago. 1 hour before I myself logged in and faced all that shit. He logged in from mobile. Ip 83.197.155.71