some nice music to download...

Stumbled over a good link? Post it here... (the board is flushed regularly)
bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

some nice music to download...

Post by bad_brain »

and even totally legal!

if you are into electronic music of the more relaxing kind (great to listen to when working on the computer) I always recommend Llupa (yes, I am asked at least 283 times a day "what relaxing electronic music do you recommend for work?" :lol: )...so here's the latest show of today:
http://discbreaks.blogspot.com.au/2014/ ... -13th.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TinMan
forum buddy
forum buddy

Re: some nice music to download...

Post by TinMan »

You know, I like Enya. Not really electronic music but very layered and flowing.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

Llupa is not really a musician himself, he's a DJ....often he also has guests on his "disc breaks" show, so the style is always a little different...but always relaxed. I enjoy his shows since over a year already...and it's really cool of him to make the shows available as download... :)

I discovered really great artists like Resonant Status through his shows, this song for example is really awesome (the video is also whoah!):
[youtube][/youtube]

scatter
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by scatter »

Awesome I spend all day today listenning to his tracks while coding and learning and now came back to ask for more suggestions of djs with same kind of electronic if possible :D

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

you can go here for example:
http://www.konflict-radio.com/podcasts/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

hard to recommend one of them because they are all really good but play all different styles of music...from house to jungle. simply download and see what you like the most...sadly they seem to be not very active anymore in the last time, but if a DJ is live you can hear him as soon as you visit the site. feel free to go to their chatroom then and tell them regards from bad_brain....you will definitely get a shout from the DJ then.. :)

an electronic music act (not DJ) I really like is Christoph De Babalon....HOW much I like him shows the fact that I even really payed for his (self promoted) album downloads because I find him worthy of being supported:
[youtube][/youtube]

JohnB

Post by JohnB »

I like my electronic music so I'll give this a listen later :)

This is pretty relaxing at the start but it gets a bit out of hand during the end. It's an example of impossible music that can't be made by humans due to not enough fingers, it's made by robots.

Code: Select all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=VkUq4sO4LQM
Sprich mit mir!

ph0bYx
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by ph0bYx »

That Resonant Status track is sooooo goood! What kind of genre is that, where can I get moaar?! Google isn't helping a lot :/

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

hm, kinda hard to categorize....I would say breakbeat is the general genre.... :-k
here's the label website btw, might be worse checking out the other featured artists too:
http://audiotheoryrecords.bandcamp.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

@JohnB
oh, I know Squarepusher, my favorite is still "come on my selector", even the video is awesome (which is no surprise because it was directed by Chris Cunningham):
[youtube][/youtube]