My rig - Too hot for cracking

Stumbled over a good link? Post it here... (the board is flushed regularly)
ayu
Staff
Staff

My rig - Too hot for cracking

Post by ayu »

I thought I could share some of my blog posts here in the links section in case someone is interested :)
This post has some random stuff in it, but it also has a picture of my crack rig, if anyone is wondering what I use when I crack hashes.

http://blog.alcor.se/index.php/2014/08/ ... -cracking/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Re: My rig - Too hot for cracking

Post by bad_brain »

love the cooling system....didn't knew you're into steampunk... :o :lol:

too bad I already threw the 19" system I had into trash, I would have sent you the fan bank (with a noise level of a handful of marbles thrown into a blender)....but yeah, maybe look for some old 19" stuff, a 3HE (or even 2HE) case should be enough to keep the cards, and when using a fan bank heat problems should also be gone. ok, maybe a project for the long winter nights in a while...

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

bad_brain wrote:love the cooling system....didn't knew you're into steampunk... :o :lol:

too bad I already threw the 19" system I had into trash, I would have sent you the fan bank (with a noise level of a handful of marbles thrown into a blender)....but yeah, maybe look for some old 19" stuff, a 3HE (or even 2HE) case should be enough to keep the cards, and when using a fan bank heat problems should also be gone. ok, maybe a project for the long winter nights in a while...
Yeah I intend to create a better cooling system when I have some more money.
Probably during some winter sale or somethinf x)
Or I'll just hang it outside the window xD

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

no kidding, I repeatedly thought about drilling a huge hole into the wall already where my system can suck the cold air in winter through....but then again I am a bit worried by the humidity... :lol:

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

bad_brain wrote:no kidding, I repeatedly thought about drilling a huge hole into the wall already where my system can suck the cold air in winter through....but then again I am a bit worried by the humidity... :lol:
Yeah indeed.
When I had bitcoin miners in our old apartment I stored them on the balcony during the winter xD.
I was so afraid that they would turn of during a power outage or something, since it would create condensation on the boards.

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

A little update.
One card in the rig just broke ](*,)

There was no wind through the window and it's been pretty hot outside today.
The fan wasn't enough so the temperature in the card went through the roof and the whole rig just died.
When I turned it on one card had stopped responding >_<.

Oh well, it was the oldest card so no biggie.
Well, still sad that I can't get a new one through warranty ^^