How to be a Customer Service Ninja (Consumerist.com Article)

Stumbled over a good link? Post it here... (the board is flushed regularly)
Stavros
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

How to be a Customer Service Ninja (Consumerist.com Article)

Post by Stavros »

If you ever have problems with a company and you're getting jerked around by crappy Customer Service this article is for you.

How to be a Customer Service Ninja

It works.

About three months ago we ordered Comcast Cable Internet (our only choice). Yesterday, we got a call that they were ready to lay the coaxial cable and that we needed to go by the local office and give them some information.

When we had ordered we had ordered on a deal that the first three months were $33 and after that it would be the standard $60 a month. When we went by the office they said they would not honor the special. Dad went back to the office with proof and yet they still would not honor it. Dad asked for the manager only to find out that the manager would not be in until tomorrow (Thursday). Furious, my dad returned home and told me to dig up contact information of the highest contactable person. After about 15 to 30 minutes (if that) on the internet I had the mailing address, phone number and email address of the CEO of Comcast. I printed it off (along with the FCC complaint email address) and a printed copy of "How to be a Customer Service Ninja" and returned home with the information.

Last night dad typed up a Patient-but-Frustrated e-mail to the CEO of Comcast. About 25 minutes ago I noticed I had voicemail. Turns out it was my dad. He wanted to congratulate me for finding the information that I did. He said he's had Comcast executives calling him up and offering to waive installation fees and a bunch of assorted other fees (I'll get back with more information after I talk with dad this afternoon).

I highly suggest you bookmark not only this webpage, but also this website. It has a ton of information on how to get results and how to work the system.

Good luck,
Stavros

n3rd
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by n3rd »

Why all the hassle, if u know high people in high places they will give you shit for free....at least thats for me :D
[img]http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/8009/userbar2k.png[/img]

Stavros
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post by Stavros »

Well, we don't know any high-ups in Comcast, but since Comcast is tripping all over themselves to please us, I think someone got their ass chewed out pretty good.

Hell, the Corporate Regional Executive over Mississippi and Alabama called dad and talked with him and offered an awesomely sweet deal (installation and first month $50 as opposed to $140; $20 a month for first 6 months).

That and they sent a guy to do a site survey earlier today and tomorrow they're supposed to actually hook up the cable tomorrow morning.

It's amazing what can happen when you contact the right people.

NOTE: This article is not just for IT companies, but for any company that's trying to screw you.