Keep-tube.com - quick report by DNR

Stumbled over a good link? Post it here... (the board is flushed regularly)
DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Keep-tube.com - quick report by DNR

Post by DNR »

I had to do a more indepth report on this link, its a really nice tool to have since many tutorials and such are on youtube.

Keep-tube.com will let you simply keep youtube videos to your disks instead of being at the mercy of random internet speeds or youtube even removing videos that are 'offensive' or 'copyright'.

The instructions are simple and since they do the actual downloading of the youtube file, you'll be downloading from keep-tube.com The instruction is simply to insert the word 'keep' in the youtube URL, and the browser is redirected!

The site was fast and I quicky saw the page with my video waiting to be downloaded. The Vista Defender will allert to javascripting and its need to run twice.

My fav DRI song, "Oblivion" can now be kept on file \:D/

add the word KEEP
http://www.KEEPyoutube.com/watch?v=TMZ-xEBy7jk
(no need for caps BTW)

and you are redirected to Keep-tube.com's page with the file ready to download in several quality versions, in flv and mp4

The above video in MP4 I ran 1mbps/93.kbps 3mins 18.4mb for the mp4 file and on Vista I had Quick time to play it. The high quality was not any better than what you see on youtube, but the sound was great!
For the medium quality I ran 90kbps 1.4 min for the 9.61mb flv file- I needed Real player to play this. (brb after reboot) :roll:
The Medium quality .flv file might be the better option - its smaller and the quality appears the same. Again, this might be more because the original is not that HQ itself.
The Real player worked the .flv file with no problems.

Note: if you type keeptube.com - you will be directed to a squatter, SPAM site.
Its Keep-tube.com
This works on any youtube video. Of course, now you need to plan for large storage capacities in your library.

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

lykos
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Re: Keep-tube.com - quick report by DNR

Post by lykos »

Very useful link DNR! *thumb* Something that i will be using quite a bit. Since one minute the tutorial i like is there and the next its not on some websites.

~[Lykos]~