Anonymous browsing and spoofing

DON'T post new tutorials here! Please use the "Pending Submissions" board so the staff can review them first.
ayu
Staff
Staff

Anonymous browsing and spoofing

Post by ayu »

My other comp is beeing formated (forgot to backup my bookmarks -.-) so i am writing this out of boredome, please correct any errors and cut me some slack, it's 00:39 atm ^^

So...what are IP addresses?

IP stands for Internet Protocol and is a communication protocol used in communication between computers in a packet switch network. And the IP addresses are basicly a way to make it easier to understand network addresses, since the MAC address would be pretty pain in the ass to handle all the time (example of a mac address 01:23:45:67:89:ab).

Anyway...enough about that....

Lets say you have 2 computers at home, both connected to a router. the setup would look like this

computer1 \
[LAN] ___[router]___[WAN]
computer2 /

Now the "LAN" is your "Local Area Network" and the router usualy provides your computer with IP addresses that usualy look like this, 192.168.0.x (x beeing a number between 1 and 255). some routers provide other IP's at default like 10.0.0.x

anyway, your router is your "gateway" like a door outside your house out to the world. And your router is also provided an IP address by your ISP (internet service provider) that could look like anything, depends on the range that your ISP has. You can find your IP by looking here www.whatismyip.com, this is the IP that people from outside your network (LAN) will see, people from the so called "WAN" (Wide Area Network), and this is the IP you want to hide if you are reading this tutorial.

Now...lets start talking about the different ways to "hide" yourself, i will add more to this tutorial over time...

Proxy server
Now, a proxy server is like a middle hand. It's like when you are a child and you ask your friend Billy to ask Theresa for you, who she likes, and then come back to you with the answer without letting Theresa know that it was really YOU who were asking. So basicly it's connecting through another server to get info from a third server instead of connecting directly to your target. Now the main reason for existence of a proxy server is to ease the load of other large servers, like sharing the pain. Although people often use proxies to be anonymous, because there aren't just proxies that hides your IP and shows the proxies IP there are "transparent" proxies that shows your real IP, and there are anonymous and highly anonymous that hides your IP. Well it doesn't "hide" it, i mean the proxy can still see it and sometimes it's beeing loged, not always though. So...how can this be of use? well use your imagination!

example, lets say that you are banned from a site

Your IP is 84.64.25.253, and it has been banned from a server

[84.64.25.253]--------->XblockedX[site]

[84.64.25.253]-----[proxy]------[site]

That doesn't look hard now does it?

So how does one find and use a proxy?

well just googling for "proxy list" will give you a lot of lists of different proxies.

Now a lot of programs that connects to other computers has a proxy option. And i can show you how to use it in internet explorer to give you an idea...

Start by having Internet explorer open....(duh).. Press "Tools", now press "Internet alternatives", then "Connections" and then "Lan-settings"

Now check the "use proxy" box and insert IP address and port number of a proxy that you have found on a list. press OK, then goto www.whatismyip.com and if the proxy is anonymous it will show the IP of the proxy server. Of course all proxies doesn't work so it may take some time to find a working one. And just a heads up, you can have your own proxy too ^^ remember...it's basicly only a program, of course the proxy servers are a little more powerful when used "seriously" but just google for something like "proxy software" and you will find a lot of fun =)

Examples of HTTP proxies:

Code: Select all

221.12.56.91:80
129.24.17.70:3128
80.249.72.26:80
128.192.101.218:3124
80.237.140.233:8001
As you can see, the addresses are nothing more then regular IP addresses on the outside, but it's the inside that counts :wink:

Socks
socks is a TCP traffic handling protocol that handles traffic through proxy servers and can be used as a small firewall since it checks in/outgoing packets and hides the clients IP address. Options for socks and proxies and be found in almost all programs that can connect over WAN.

You can basicly use them as a proxy and hide your "real" IP address from beeing seen.

There are two versions of socks, these are V4 and V5, V5 has authentication for more security. So if it's security you are after then choose V5. Although V4 is still secure, not just as secure as the V5's usualy are.

Just as the regular proxy servers the socks has regular addresses of course, examples are...

V4

201.64.25.185:1080
61.142.81.37:1080
125.212.41.123:21299
82.66.4.217:1080
200.220.205.8:1080
V5

201.64.25.185:1080
61.144.78.167:1080
200.171.126.121:1080
68.38.25.89:6081
69.243.24.98:12771
Last edited by ayu on 15 Jul 2007, 17:02, edited 2 times in total.
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

shamir
Computer Manager
Computer Manager

Post by shamir »

nice post neo130 =D>

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

thanks shamir =)

shamir
Computer Manager
Computer Manager

Post by shamir »

yourwelcome neo130 =)

Lyecdevf
cyber Idi Amin
cyber Idi Amin

Post by Lyecdevf »

YOu should use on online bookmark service like del.ic.us. That way you will never lose any bookmarks.
We will either find a way, or make one.
- Hannibal

Chaos1986
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by Chaos1986 »

:( Sorry To Hear About Your Other Computer Neo130. Thanks For The Great Read This Is Very Informative And Well Put Together. :twisted: :evil:
If Man Made It Man Can Crack Or Hack It & If You Want To Be A True Hacker You Need To Keep Your Mind Open And Always Be Willing To Learn
[img]http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/9996/chaos19862ub.png[/img]

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

I am happy to announce that the socks and proxy parts are done. Next part to add will be about IP spoofing and packet forging, where i will explain some basics about how a packet can look like and it's structure, and how to edit it.

isapiens

Post by isapiens »

so that "socks" you are talking about at the end of your post... is that a built in feature of the tcp-ip protocol or is that something one is supposed to download?
Fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face.

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

Well tbh i think that the protocol isn't like an object that you install or something like that, it's just "a way of doing things". Like the way to establish the connection.

The socks OSI layer model would look like this..

client:application->transport->physical->socks:physical->transport->server:->physical->transport->application

Although if anyone else has a better explanation then it's welcome ^^