Watch megavideo indefinitely

DON'T post new tutorials here! Please use the "Pending Submissions" board so the staff can review them first.
Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Watch megavideo indefinitely

Post by Gogeta70 »

Hey everyone. I just came across a really simple way to watch megavideo without waiting 54 minutes to watch another 72 minutes of video. However, you do require a few things:

-A router (or a way to change your mac address)
-Admin access to this router
-(optional) if you run firefox, a cookie editor plugin

First, a little background. When your ISP assigns you an IP address, they often use your mac address as an identifier for your computer. This way, whenever you disconnect and reconnect from the internet, they know who you are and will give you the same IP address until the lease expires on it. However, if you were to change your mac address to one that is not assigned an IP on their network (a mac that doesn't belong to any other computer on the network), you will be assigned a new IP.

Now, for the mini-tutorial

The reason you want a router is that it is easier to change your mac address. In my case, i just log into my router (192.168.1.1) and go to the Mac Address Cloning category and set my router's MAC as my computer's mac address. Once you do that, simply click the 'save settings' button on your router's web interface, clear your cookies, and refresh your video.

You should do this when you get the message saying 'you have watched 72 hours of megavideo. Please wait 54 minutes or click here to watch unlimited videos'. Once you have watched 72 minutes of video doing this, just turn off mac cloning in your router and follow the same steps.

Have fun, people.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Post by computathug »

Nice bit of info there buddy.

I think you mean 72 minutes here :wink:
You should do this when you get the message saying 'you have watched 72 hours of megavideo. Please wait 54 minutes or click here to watch unlimited videos
I have started watching a few movies this way as it saves hd space and downloading time.
The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose.
-- William Shakespeare, "The Merchant of Venice"
https://tshirt-memes.com

Big-E
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Big-E »

Something else you can do is let it buffer 100% when watching a long movie, then click "work offline". That also works.

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

Nope, it doesn't work big-e. I tried that a while back.

Computathug: Nope, i got it right. You quoted me saying "You should do this when you get the message saying 'you have watched 72 hours of megavideo. Please wait 54 minutes or click here to watch unlimited videos"

At least for me it says that i watched 72 hours and have to wait 54 minutes to watch again. Want a screencap? :roll:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Post by computathug »

Nah not at all, in fact today im drinking and smoking all day from the minute i got up. St Georges day to us is like celebrating independence day so take everything i say today with a pinch of salt. In fact i shall probably misquote a lot today and tomorrow i shall shiver at my posts!!!!

What i was getting mixed up with is a online movie site which lets you watch 72mins before you have to wait nearly an hour to continue viewing unless you register to the site. The movies were not hosted on site just the links which all or most were hosted by mega video.

Any way happy St Georges day :lol:
The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose.
-- William Shakespeare, "The Merchant of Venice"
https://tshirt-memes.com

jaggy1
On the way to fame!
On the way to fame!

Re: Watch megavideo indefinitely

Post by jaggy1 »

gogeta70 wrote:Now, for the mini-tutorial.
Added to my daily assignment :D Thanks for this one another lesson learned

( I'm not drinking or smoking but I'm having clicking issues ) Happy St George's Day thuggy :D