cheque tut - good for students

DON'T post new tutorials here! Please use the "Pending Submissions" board so the staff can review them first.
computathug
Administrator
Administrator

cheque tut - good for students

Post by computathug »

i have noticed there are some students on the site and thought as as im always asking questions maybe i can offer something instead of takin all the time.

this here is not to con any 1 just a little tip i learnt when at college learning BIT. it helped me a few times and yup technology changes and i no longer use cheques so i dont know if this still works but here goes

from what i remember is that cheques numbering on the paper is written in OCR (optical character recognition). now say u see that new harddrive u need but u havent got the money for say 2 weeks to pay for it but u really need 1. what you do then is get a candle and rub wax over the number (remember to use a clear candle :lol: ). cheques are then gone from the shop to the bank where they r placed in afiling system which they get processed each night. basically what happens is all the cheques are run through a machine which reads the OCR and then deducts the amounts from each account as instructed. what happens here is some cheques bounce some go through and some arnt read properly. its the ones that arnt read properly is what we are lookin at at our cheque will not be registered as anything as these get placed back in file for the day after with the new workload. this is the daily routine of the cheque until the wax wears off the OCR and the machine reads it which then extracts the money as instructed and saves you an overdraft fee or a bounced cheque. the estimated time for the cheque to be readable is 14 - 21 days

not that good but might come in handy someday u never know :wink:

alien100
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by alien100 »

good one :lol:
[img]http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/9128/sig3copyyybq4.jpg[/img]

n3rd
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by n3rd »

err why not just go to the store, check the nr of the barcode, get a barcode creator, create a barcode with the ammount of money u want, and stick it over the original barcode :)

mrmike

Post by mrmike »

n3rd wrote:err why not just go to the store, check the nr of the barcode, get a barcode creator, create a barcode with the ammount of money u want, and stick it over the original barcode :)
:P great idea!
where i can get a barcode gen?? LOL
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v247/Vlady/48265b8wj96xhce.gif[/img]

sternbildchen

Post by sternbildchen »

mrmike wrote:
n3rd wrote:err why not just go to the store, check the nr of the barcode, get a barcode creator, create a barcode with the ammount of money u want, and stick it over the original barcode :)
Scamming people is bad. [-X
The bargen "trick" doesn't work on most companys anymore. :wink:

Stavros
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post by Stavros »

n3rd
err why not just go to the store, check the nr of the barcode, get a barcode creator, create a barcode with the ammount of money u want, and stick it over the original barcode
Well, you could do that, but it would probably work best at a place like Wal-Mart where there are self-checkout lanes. Also it would be best to do that at night.

n3rd
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by n3rd »

I read about a dude that bought himself a ipod set for 29.99 cus he did the barcode thing, ipod set costed originaly 299.99
but he got busted the second time he went back to get more at the same store..... the idiot.

mrmike

Post by mrmike »

sternbildchen wrote:
mrmike wrote:
Scamming people is bad. [-X
The bargen "trick" doesn't work on most companys anymore. :wink:
:D thanx a lot!
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v247/Vlady/48265b8wj96xhce.gif[/img]

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Post by computathug »

i think this has gone a bit off the lines i intended. this wasnt meant to be something to do thats illegal just a tip of delayment :?

luggyx
Life time student
Life time student

Post by luggyx »

Thx :D

isapiens

Post by isapiens »

Wallmart is god's gift to poor college students of america.

I don't think they even have a return policy. They just take back everything.

One of my friends bought a fish tank at the beginning of the year. He used it for a year with fish in it. Then he decided to see if he could return it. He had the box. Keeping the box is the clue i suppose. So he went to return it, the water was still dripping out of the box. So its obvious that this guy is being a jackass and wants to return smth that he has been using for a long time. But those people dont give a shit, so they let him get a wallmart store credit cuz they cant give him cash back because he doesnt have the receipt. But that doesnt stop my bastard friend, he just goes and buys smth else with that store credit that costs smth like that fish tank. And then he returns it right away and gets cash back cuz he has the receipt. So here you go. Is that stealing?

Kirk
suck-o enforcer
suck-o enforcer

Post by Kirk »

I would be very careful with the info in this forum. I beat a 30 year case out of Alaska for some of the stuff mentioned here. It is the bottom of the barrel of what I did but it was still there. The law has a particular word for all this: fraud. You can look me up at the arizona department of correction, my doc number is 145550. CAREFUL! I dont want to see anyone going to prison.

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

This is you?

http://www.azcorrections.gov/inmate_dat ... SearchInet

It says you were there for "taking identity of another," aka, identity theft O_o
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

DNR
Digital Mercenary
Digital Mercenary

Post by DNR »

heh, he ain't kidding..

http://www.azcorrections.gov/inmate_dat ... SearchInet

Gog beat me by three minutes - DANG! Good job gog!
Maybe Racist can teach us what 'life skills' they taught him there..
:wink:

DNR
-
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in Darkness, and Light dwells with him.

Kirk
suck-o enforcer
suck-o enforcer

Post by Kirk »

Ya, since 1999 I've done 9 1\2 years for one crime or another. You want to see a video of one of the reasons I went to prison go to myspace\sayseven. Anyways, I don't want to see anyone go to prison. That place is fucking miserable!! But this is a topic for another forum.