Introduce yourself!

Introduce yourself here....
bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

welcome to suck-o, filth... :)
you will surely find enough *nix people here that will help you with getting into me (me included), and we're looking forward to your Mac knowledge...not many people using Mac here yet.. :wink:

Grombo
Fame ! Where are the chicks?!

Post by Grombo »

havnt introduced myself here i think... anyways.

hi?
im from the most awesome country in the world (no need to guess) but i live in australia atm.
me lieks photoshop, tf2, css yadayada, and techno/trance music!
[img]http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/7766/impracticalskillslw4.gif[/img]

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

welcome to suck-o Grombo...^^

Lundis
Distorter of Reality
Distorter of Reality

Post by Lundis »

Hello!

I'm Lundis, a 17 years old guy from Finland. I study maths, physics and stuff like that, which is kinda booring compared to computers. :?

My main goal in life is learning how stuff work and to do that I'll become a hacker! I like bending rules and ignore everything that reduces freedom.

I started this spring, having no idea what a hacker is really. After reading a mountain of "how to become a hacker" tutorials I figured out that I needed to learn programming, so I got a book on java from the library. Took me a couple of months to read it. :oops:

Linux became my main OS, I started a chat program project, my comp broke or something like that (screen turns black at startup/BIOS/login/anything), then I bought a shiny new laptop and installed Ubuntu. Sound, wireless and wired network didn't work. After a few days I managed to make the wired network work, but the rest was hopeless. Now it crashes after I log in for some reason(is my changing background a valid reason? 8O ), so for now I use the Vista that was shipped with the laptop. I don't like it. What's up with hiding settings? that's lame. Anyway, now I just work on my chat program, chat, surf or watch anime all day ;)

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

Lundis wrote:Anyway, now I just work on my chat program, chat, surf or watch anime all day ;)
oh! another anime lover!

WELCOME!!!!! :D
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

welcome to suck-o... :)

offtopic:
if you only can't login to the desktop use textmode and check what /var/log/syslog says, you will find the reason of the crash in there...in case you can't even use textmode boot a live CD, mount the HDD and then check the logfile this way.of course you can feel free to post in the appropriate boards for more help.. :wink:

F4LSE

Post by F4LSE »

bad_brain wrote:welcome to suck-o... :)

offtopic:
if you only can't login to the desktop use textmode and check what /var/log/syslog says, you will find the reason of the crash in there...in case you can't even use textmode boot a live CD, mount the HDD and then check the logfile this way.of course you can feel free to post in the appropriate boards for more help.. :wink:
B_B ... always thinkin' :wink:

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Post by computathug »

Welcome to the site Gormbo, filth and lundis.

Glad your enjoying the community here and hope your stay here is pleasant and satisfying. \:D/ \:D/

1mM0r74lh4xor

Post by 1mM0r74lh4xor »

Hi guys and gals

I am 19 years old and computers have been my best friend since i was 15 lolz.

mu skill set : i know c/c++ java(tad bits and pieces)
i am presently learning php
drawn into open source nowadays.

want to learn everything there is related to computers especially hacking and developing exploits.

do identify with ur thought bad_brain .

hope to learn some kewl stuff here and make some buddies . :D[/b]

ayu
Staff
Staff

Post by ayu »

Welcome 1mM0r74lh4xor! ^^
"The best place to hide a tree, is in a forest"

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

welcome, guy with the copy&paste nick.... :lol: :wink:

ph0bYx
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by ph0bYx »

OK, I think this would be the best topic to start posting, so here it goes:

Hello to everyone!
I'm ph0bYx, I'm 18 years old, and still in high school (electrical engineering). Some may know me from SoH, where the inner hacker in me awoke and I started reading and learning about hacking (mostly reading).
Ever since I'm searching various hacking sites, forums, blogs in search for knowledge. So far I collected quite a lot of tutorials, books and videos about hacking and programing, which, when read, would make a pretty solid hacker. Unfortunately I don't have the time to read all that because I have to study hard for school. You see, I come from a poor family and can't afford collage education unless I get really good grades and get in for free. That's pretty much my biggest dream at the moment, to get into a good computer collage.
That's a little bit about me...

I've been reading your forums for a while now, and I have to say that I'm impressed!
I'm impressed about the topics, and discussions here, and by the members.
There are few members here who's opinions I've came to highly respect, who are an inspiration and motivation for learning, achieving my goal to get into a good collage and ultimately to become one of the best hackers in the world, a hacker remembered for a huge effort to bringing computer science to a higher level. It's not only their knowledge that I admire so much , but it's their behavior too. So, bad_brain, catz, DNR, computerthug and nerdz, thank you for being such persons! I haven't been reading very much and I believe that there are more such people here, but these are the few that cough my eye.

Er, OK. I better stop now, because I could go on and on...
So that's it. Thank you for reading.
Regards
ph0bYx
Last edited by ph0bYx on 13 Oct 2008, 06:06, edited 1 time in total.

bad_brain
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by bad_brain »

nice post ph0bYx, welcome to the site.... :)
I hope we all can support you a little with our knowledge, so your dream will come true, and of course we are also looking forward to the knowledge you will share with us... :)

ummm...which site was "SoH" again? it sounds so familiar, but I can't remember it at the moment...:-k

Gogeta70
^_^
^_^

Post by Gogeta70 »

Welcome to suck-o! You've gotten off with a good start, and i can't wait to see what kind of stuff you can share with us. I hope you learn something new and unique from us as well.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It works on my machine...

computathug
Administrator
Administrator

Post by computathug »

ph0bYx welcome to suck-o. We are glad you have taken time to read what is on offer and your right about not having enough time to do things. Here we all lead different lives and the little bit of knowledge we have, we dont mind passing on to help others. In turn you will be able to help us and others and help us continue to grow as we have and keep the community we have here a respectable but knowledgeable one :wink:

enjoy the site buddy :D